KPMG Interview Questions in Short Hills, NJ | Glassdoor

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school and i was told it was going to be a 2 week process, that ended up being 6 weeks. I had 2 on campus interviews, very basic behavioral questions were asked. i was told i would get a call with an offer after these two interviews were over. 4 weeks later I got a call that they wanted me to come into the office for a super day. The recruiter had said nothing about a super day.

Interview Questions

• what was your least favorite job on your resume and why?   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Highly disorganized, drawn out process over a period of years and multiple groups. Process was unclear and undirected, had multiple interviews canceled on short notice due to a failure to coordinate schedules. The interviews were not terribly effective in answering questions about my background, and it took a heavy effort to develop an understanding of the firm organization. The internal recruiter was difficult to work with. I eventually ended the process.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of your approach to client work   1 Answer

Evs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Came to campus. Asked technical questions. Not too difficult. Second round was in the office and asked personal questions. All technical questions revolved around valuation models and methods (gordon growth, DCF, WACC, CAPM).

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very nice. I was nervous as it was my first interview. The interviewer was fairly easy to talk to. There were a few behavioral questions but it was mostly conversational. Be yourself but also be prepared to present the best parts of yourself to the interviewer. Good Luck!

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

One interview on campus, two interviews at the company's office. Most questions regarding your resume. You get a tour of the office and a lot of information regarding perks and benefits.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

This process has been amazing. Though it was long a thorough, I feel that both the internal recruiters and the partners I interviewed with had the insight to understand my particular skills and background. It feels so good to be understood for what I can uniquely offer. I can't wait to get started here. With every corner I have turned, I have been more impressed with this company.

Interview Questions

• Most questions centered around how my experience would help KPMG clients. They wanted a deep understanding of both my technical skills and business/use case perspectives. This is exactly what I would do if I were hiring someone. It pushed me but was a fair and realistic process.   1 Answer

Valuation Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Spoke with Partner in charge and senior manager. Partner in charge was most interested in work experience, senior manager asked more technical questions. They were very nice, but I had a feeling half way through that I did not make the cut.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle mistakes? How do you feel about valuations for litigation purposes vs. statutory? Also a variety of technical questions.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved both a group setting interview and two additional interviews where you were one on one with a manager from the firm. The day started off early (8:45AM) with the partner in charge of the firm giving a presentation on the background of the firm and what the firm is looking for in potential new hires. (If your'e already in the building don't worry your'e qualified!) After the presentation, where there are managers and senior managers as well as a few partners and HR employees watching you to see how you are listening and responding to the presentation. After the presentation, the group is broken into two and one half of the group stays in the room where there are different games that the group plays together such as a putting green, corn hole, and one or two other fun games. This part of the interview is done with HR and done to see how you react in a group setting. After about 30 minutes the groups switch and the group that was playing the games is now in one on one interviews with managers that they could possibly be working for. These interviews are basic and very behaviorally based as the time is limited and you have to have two interviews in a span of thirty minutes. After these interviews are done the group comes back together for a closing remarks session and the group all heads out to a restaurant for a lunch. The lunch is another place for them to assess you so make sure you know how to eat properly and don't order anything that will stain your shirt! At each table there are two associates or senior associates that are taking note of who is talkative and who isn't. After lunch ends, the interview is over and your'e very exhausted from a 4.5 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager told you to do a process a certain way but you thought you had an idea on how to do the process in a better way?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

It was campus recruiting. 1st round interview.
    I had an opportunity to talk to Tax Partner. It was 1 on 1 interview.
    I thought everything went well. Interview was more like conversational one.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question