KPMG Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were done on campus by the Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. They had selected 17 people to interview that day at the recrurment office by then Senior Managers off the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any piece of furniture what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Campus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with KMPG at an on campus event first and a week later was invited to an on campus interview. My interview was the first of the day, arrived 10 minutes prior and the person that was supposed to interview me was still not there. He arrived late with no greeters. Deloitte, EY, and McGladrey all had greeters with them. Once the interview started he was very disorganized, did not know what position I was interviewing for, had a laptop he kept looking at, and was inhaling coffee. Never asked me to tell him about myself. Only asked me three questions and then I spent the next 20 minutes interviewing him. When I asked him what the next steps were he told me he did not know.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

On-campus interview and in-office interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview mostly about my interests,what I knew about service lines. Behavioral questions.

Staff Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

At first I thought the interviewers will be intimidating, since after all, KPMG is one of the Big 4 Public Accounting Firms in US. However, I was proven wrong. My interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. There were two rounds of interview for my position (audit intern). The first round was held in my university and the second round was a 2-day event held in their SF office. They treated the applicants REALLY WELL. They were super generous and super helpful. I am glad I got the job and I very much enjoy working them since then.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2007.

Interview

Intense.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Friendly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

1. Online application; 2. Assessment Day (interview with 2 senior managers + online testing), mainly behavioural questions, such as why KPMG, why audit, strength and weakness, team work experience, how to resolve conflicts, how to adapt to new environment, etc; 3. Results informed

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Audit 2. Why KPMG 3. Strength 4. Team work experience 5. How to resolve conflicts   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

After making a connection with a recruiter and applying I was invited to a brief on-campus interview where they were screening candidates 1 on 1, going through their resumes and transcripts to ensure they had a full understanding of each candidate's background and work experience to learn more and ensure that there were no unexplained flaws or gaps etc.

From there, I was invited to the Vancouver office for two separate 1 on 1 interviews that were mainly focused on culture/fit and behavioural interview style questions. All of the candidates have taken similar courses so they know the entry level experience levels are quite similar, hence the focus on making sure a candidate has a good fit with the company.

Study up on the company's values and culture before applying, and make sure you can answer interview questions in a way that highlights how your views are in line with the company's.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you handled a conflict within a team?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview has two rounds. The first round is 1 to 2 and on campus, and the second round is two interviews + lunch at the office. One interview was with the manager and the other one was with the partner. Very standard questions and basically they wanted to know my past experience and why I want to pursue CPA at KPMG.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied online and was screened by an outside HR who then passed onto an internal talent acquisition manager who basically asked questions about what you did in past job.