KPMG Summer Leadership Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Summer Leadership Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online two months prior to the interview. I got an email a week before my interview to schedule my interview slot and invite me to the Pre-Interview Dinner, which was a day before the interview. The Pre-Interview Dinner was very casual, just getting to know professionals. I was seated with 4 other students and 2 professionals, which luckily were the campus recruiters. One of the campus recruiters I sat with was my interviewer. The interview was very conversational, mostly behavioral questions. Overall, very easy interview, just trying to get to know who you are.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview was on campus, and it was mostly conversational. I interviewed with a manger and he basically asked me to talk about myself. The entire interview was pretty casual.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus after talking to a recruiter at a social. Submitted my application online including a transcript, resume, and cover letter. I then went through a Skype interview with a recruiter and later received a save the date email for the Discover program in Portland.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking forward to in the accounting profession?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with 2 seniors at KPMG (1 partner, 1 senior manager). The interview was very casual, and you can tell that they were more focused on getting to know you better as a person. They went through my resume and asked me to elaborate on one or two things things that I was the most passionate about. No tricky questions, and they really encourage you to ask them questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one thing you learnt from (certain position) that you can apply to our program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. My interviewer simply overlooked my resume and asked me questions pertaining to my resume. Additionally, regular behavioral questions were asked aiming to see how I would react in certain given situations. In addition we talked about various global topics such as travel and the economy.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through my career center online. The first round interviews were fairly simple. They just looked over my resume and asked me a few questions about myself, hobbies and interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

One on one interview, very laid back and low key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I did a lot of on campus networking, or went to networking events through on campus organizations. First round interviews are done on campus. My interview was very relaxed because I happened to know the interviewer. For these particular interviews, it helps to know the interviewer or at least get a sense of their personality. That way you can try to connect and have a more casual conversation where they essentially forget to ask behavioral questions. You have to remember they are trying to get an honest perception of you to see if you fit the firm and if they would be able to work with someone like you for a whole day. You may or may not be invited to second rounds that are held in the actual office.

Interview Questions

• Just remember that anything on your resume is fair game. So try to have a story/experience for everything on there and a lesson you got from it. Do not try to "fluff" or exaggerate on your resume too much because you can potentially get called out for it!   Answer Question

I had to go back and forth between coasts to get to different summer leadership programs, so I had to be selective and choose only a few to attend. Also had an internship so I could not take so many days off if I attended all SLP's

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a KPMG Partner. It was a little awkward. He didn't ask any behavioral questions, he was more interested about me. He asked why I choose my majors (accounting and MIS).

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in March 2014.

Interview

There was a dinner before which was nice and we were seated with a partner who had been helpful with our nerves. During my interview I was interviewed by a different partner. The entire time he was interviewing me he avoided conversation and instead of being interviewed I felt I was being integrated. The partner was not very nice and gave me an extremely bad perception of the firm. Instead of making me feel comfortable like every other firm I was nervous and couldn't be myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your coworker acted in an unethical way.   Answer Question