KPMG Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

This was an On-campus interview. Included a meet and greet the night before then interview with one partner the next day. Pretty soon after you'll get an email to let you know to come in for an in office second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

For the second round I was flown out to the Miami Office. I was interviewed by three managers, each lasting about half an hour. Two were very friendly and casual, but one asked many technical questions and was uptight.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I met a recruiter by circumstance, gave her my resume, and next thing I knew, I had in house interviews with the managers, senior manager, and partner. Overall, it was a very relaxing interview in house. It wasn't nerve wracking in the least. They made feel more so like a conversation. Granted, I was coming straight out of grad school so I couldn't really answer any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot like a conversation. Why this particular position? What you like about this city? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in office interview with 2 people from financial services and 2 from corporate tax. Behavior based mixed with relevant experience. VERY laid back, no reason to panic...

Interview Questions

• "I am very interested in your experience with ___, tell me about that and how you got that internship."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Made it through first round where it was just a one-on-one interview with a Senior Manager. Second round involved an office visit with flight and hotel paid for. We had a dinner the night before. The second day had a presentation, four 30-minute interviews back-to-back, then dinner with associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume. Very conversational from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It is a Campus Interview. Interviewer is a tax manager, very friendly. She will ask to walk through the resume, and ask several behavior questions. Then it is your turn to ask the question.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

My interviewer spent 7 minutes talking about himself and then asked me to introduce myself.
    After that, he asked 4 random questions from a question list.
    All the questions were irrelevant to one another.
    In the final Q&A part, my interviewer was excited again, because he finally got a chance to talk about himself again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

This was the first interview on campus. It was all mostly behavioral questions, and it went well. At the end, i expressed my interest in joining KPMG, and what field I was interested in. Best advice- Just be yourself. Got a 2nd interview coming up.

Interview Questions

• Name a time your employer gave you constructive criticism, and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

Great interview process. They did all the interviews on campus and we were invited for "Inside Look". Very smooth in terms on handling and communicating with all the candidates. I believe some process vary between the type of candidate you are and the position you are applying for . But overall the process couldn't be any smoother .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. When I walked into the career center, there were two KPMG employees who were greeting and talking with interviewees before they were called in. The interview itself was pretty standard. I met with a tax manager, who asked questions about my resume and a then a few behaviorals. The interview started and ended on time, and I was told to wait about two weeks. I followed up after the interview, but didn't hear anything within the two week period. I sent a message asking when I would hear back and was told it would be shortly. I got a message back the next day from the automated email with the rejection statement.

Overall it was a pretty easy and normal interview process. The only negative thing I could say would be that they didn't get back to me within the time period they said they would.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about challenges you faced, how you work in a team, etc.

Pretty standard questions.