KPMG Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through campus recruiting. The process took about 3 weeks. Both of my interviewers were at the San Francisco office. It was very casual. My interviewer just really wants to get to know more about me, my school/work experiences and my passion for tax. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes. A senior manager interviewed me for the first round. The recruiter called me a week later to let me know I had been selected for the 2nd round. For the 2nd round interviews, a partner and a senior manager interviewed me. The partner called me 2 days after to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
    2. Why KPMG?
    3. Why Tax ? Did you always know you want to work in Tax or is it something you discover along the way?
    4. Give me an example when you have to deal with conflict ?
    5. What is the one thing that you are most proud of ?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Felt more like a conversations than interviews. Everyone is so welcoming. Just be yourself, ask interesting questions, and do your research and you will be fine. Also smile do not forget to SMILE!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your career goals? More behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were brief (20-30 minute) interviews with about 6 people. Some were associates, some managers. In some cases there were two people asking questions. The process ended with a lunch with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some "why tax/accounting?" questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Starting with an On Campus interview with a partner that lasted about 45 minutes. Got invited to a second round interview at the NYC office. The whole day was a great event put on by the firm. 2 interviews with a Senior Manager and a Partner. Basically started the interviews with a "Tell me about yourself", then spent the entire time in conversation branching off what i said. Make sure to ask questions.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

First round on campus interview, very friendly manager, in a "chatting" mode. He is an alumni so we had many things to talk about and he smiled all the time. His eyes mostly focus on the items I highlighted on my resume.

Interview Questions

• A mistake you have made and how you improve after learning from the mistake?
      A special skill of you, and how it helped you succeed?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career website first, attached my resume, cover letter and transcripts. I then created an account on KPMG's website and applied there for the same position. Got an interview invite within a week. The interview was at KPMG office and it took half an hour. We talked through my resume and experience; there was not any behavior questions. Fairly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school website. It took around three weeks to get the interview. I had interview with senior manager in campus. The questions were about behavior question. It took about 30 minutes for interview. I got feedback after two months of interview. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about time that you have conflict with your teammate and the outcome. Tell me life in your school. what you see yourself in career in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus and received an invite for an interview. There are generally two interviews: one on campus and one at the office. Passed on campus and received a 2nd interview. Typical behavioral questions and went over the resume. Must know KPMG very well!! They were trying to see if you were a fit for the firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Campus interview. It was the first interview after handing my resume to a recruiter at the career fair. On campus. Spent 45 minutes with a partner. Mostly just trying to figure out who you are.
    2nd interview was inside look at office.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

phone interview with the recruiter, and then phone interview with the manager, and then the in-person interviews with two partners and three managers. It took about 2.5 hours for the in-person interviews (0.5 hour talking to each person).