KPMG Tax Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Tax Internship Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic questions about my qualifications ie. 150 hour requirement and graduation date. I was surprised that there were no behavioral questions asked.

Tax Internship Interview

Interview

I got the 1st round interview through campus recruitment and interviewed with a tax partner. He asked me 3 to 4 questions and let me ask him questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a fantastic experience overall. It began with the recruiter at my university (UMD) letting me know that I could undergo a first round interview. I had somebody who was from IT interview me but he was really pleasant. He asked me "Walk me through your resume?," "How do you maintain a good work/life balance?" and "Tell me about a time you were in a group and somebody was not pulling his or her weight?." It took about 10 minutes at which point he turned it over for questions so make sure to have good ones prepared. I felt that I had solidly sold myself (My advice is to rehearse constantly and then act as if you're answering extemporaneously- they want good communicators so be prepared, take a chill pill and don't stumble over your thoughts. the kpmg interview is not bad based on what i hear). It seems like good interviewers will have decided if they want you if they turn it over for questions early (so take control and sell yourself). First round interview experiences may vary. Exactly a week later I got an e-mail inviting me to the KPMG Inside Look event in NYC which was scheduled from 12:30 PM to 9 PM. They paid for my amtrak and hotel (marriot on 3rd avenue).

The Inside Look day was really fun. In the beginning, the firm did introductions, presented a little on KPMG and then asked everybody to introduce themselves on the microphone (name, school, etc.). Then I went to go interview with a manager and a partner. These were 30 minute interviews in their actual offices. No technical questions; rather, they pointed out things on my resume and asked questions about them. The partner, whose desk was littered with papers and who looked exhausted, asked the typical "why kpmg?", " what can you bring to this firm?", "why tax?". Make sure to be extremely confident but humble simultaneously. Afterwards, the tax group broke off into another presentation room where a manager ran through some of his experiences and talked about the profession in depth. Then, about 8 staff members came into the room and each one went to a separate group (we were sitting in groups of 5-6). We had to learn about this staff member and do a presentation on their lives. The most creative presentation won bags, etc. I, luckily, was on that team.

Afterwards, we went to a restaurant where we did speed recruiting for about an hour. We also ate a fancy dinner. Real informal. Waitresses were going around with drinks and a lot of intern applicants and staff were drinking. - I sipped on a glass of wine. Advice: drink a beer but don't get wasted. You will be watched. 2 days later I got a call from the recruiter who extended an offer. Long day but very enjoyable. Oh yeah, my friends got offers one day later and I remember freaking out. Don't freak out. Give it a week. This stuff takes time.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Got an interview with a Tax Associate on campus and then was called in for a second round of interviews where I interviewed two Senior Associates separately. First interview asked behavioral questions and the second interview was more about "fit" test.