KPMG Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Tax Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.6

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in July 2018.

Interview

For our college, we had a fairly long recruiting process that started at the beginning of the spring semester and lasted throughout the summer. There were a few formal interviews at the beginning and end of the recruiting process, but most of the recruiting process consisted of attending networking events.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a member of your group and what happened?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sacramento, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied through our college campus website. I got the 1st interview in 2 weeks after applying. The second interview happened a week after. I ended up not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG? Why Tax/Audit? 5 year plan? What do you know about excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center in September and received an on-campus interview shortly thereafter. I interviewed with two associates who really just wanted to discuss my resume and career goals. Super easy, conversational interviews.

I was then invited to an in-office interview in December. I met with a tax manager and a tax partner. Both were extremely personable and the conversations were easy. Not a typical question/answer interview. I was given a verbal offer by the tax manager that day and received a written offer two days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

The first round interview was a two 30 minute interviews. I had a good experience. Lots of behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Definitely read over your resume before entering the interview. Interviewers were very nice and insightful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received critical feedback? How did you take it?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Interview

It took them 4 weeks to process my application and all my interviewers were friendly and nice. It was less formal than I expected. They are interested in my stories and whether my personality would fit the their culture.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 back to back 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. It was fairly easy as far as Big 4 interviews go. They really just want someone who can hold a conversation. It was pretty relaxed

Tax Interview

Interview

Two, thirty-minute back to back interviews. One consisted of behavioral questions while the other was for HR purposes to confirm graduation date and major. Interviews were with a partner and tax manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied through school and went to the career event. Director reached out and I got a phone interview. After the phone interview, he wanted to meet me in person. He was very nice. I'm now waiting for an office visit interview.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Auburn, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of Interviews that I went through. I had 2 different interviewers. Both asked behavioral questions. The biggest obstacle was staying calm and formulating an answer. I also think it’s important to be likeable, as I feel like they would be willing to overlook some defects in your resume if you seemed like someone they could work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an obstacle you had to overcome and how you achieved your goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial on-campus interview with a Senior Associate. Then a call-back interview at the office. The call-back was 4 30 minute interviews with senior managers. Very laid back and conversational interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no tricky questions. It was just talking about yourself and what your interest in tax is.   Answer Question