KPMG Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.9

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

You receive an email from the Hiring Manager to schedule a phone interview - typically within the next few days. They ask you 10 questions, the first few being mostly yes/no questions such as if you're able to work in the country, if you are ok with the location, if you are ok to work overtime, etc.

The interview was short (less than 20 minutes). The interviewer was very straight to the point and only asked you questions - very little back and forth interaction. They also asked about salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Global Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews - first phone screening with HR, second interview with the immediate manager and the third one - with senior manager. There were long intervals between interviews. I like people who interviewed me very much. They wanted to know about my experience and personality but never intimidated me during the process; instead, they try to make me feel as comfortable and relaxed as it possible during the interview. Unfortunately, the offer I got from KPMG at the end was way below my current salary and expectations.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work for KPMG and specific questions about to my technical experience which were relevant to the job.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. First a phone interview with some basic questions about resume and your future aspirations. Then a second interview at the company with some behavioural question. The interviewers were very nice and made sure I was comfortable. The interview turned out to be more or less like a back and forth interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult person on a team   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Ask 6-8 questions. Started off with some basic questions like tell me about yourself, year of graduation, why do you want to work at KPMG, and some problem-solving questions. The manager was really nice, gave all kinds of job related information and talked about the job environment.

Global Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was a panel of 2 people - one showed up 30 minutes late for the interview and for the remainder of the interview they both kept checking their watches as if in a hurry and could not care less about the interview at hand. I had an overall tainted experience of the communications department.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus MBA recruitment. This was the first round. It was 2 back-to-back case interviews, 45 mins each. Cases took about 20-25 minutes and there was a short Q&A session after. The cases were written by consultants within the practice (though not necessarily the ones who are interviewing you). I found the cases to be medium-difficulty. Mix of quant and qual but less strenuous than cases at the MBB firms I interviewed with (or some of the case book practice cases).

Heard back 2 or 3 days later with a "no" to proceeding onto the second round. Feedback was delivered by one of the interviewers, but it was not particularly useful.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy process.. You get a phone call and schedule a time for an interview. After the interview if successful you get passed to a scheduling coordinator who schedules you in with a hiring manager. After that it could be months before you get a phone call. Be prepared for that but it is an excellent company.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you and a coworker had a disagreement ? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone internview three weeks after I applied. The interviewer was very friendly. The whole interview took 30 mins. I am still waiting for the reply if I get into the 2nd round, but the job posting was posted again the day after my interview date.....The next step will be an in-personal interivew with local offcie staff.

Interview Questions

• Go through the resume, and ask your past work experience.   Answer Question

Transaction Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

- met a PE guy who had connections with the FDD dept: connected me with the Partner
    - Gave interviews with the Partner & Manager; went well so they put me on the case study
    - Case study had financial reports of 1 company & i had to adjust a variety of items with some key items
    - After case study, there was a case discussion with 2 managers; they played the good cop bad cop routine & sort of 'interrogated' me on my analysis. the bad cop was mainly pressuring me & was trying to attack my analysis and the good cop was trying to defend as much as he can.
    - Overall it was a crazy ride; my analysis and my recommendations were good but i messed up on a few key adjustments... and on their interrogation I kinda stumbled as I couldn't compete well enough

Interview Questions

• - FX or M&A effects on the key items in financial reporting   Answer Question

Conference Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 4 interviews, staring with a phone call, then 1 on 1 interview with with a departmental manager. And the last one with my future colleagues. t
    During all the process they were asking typical interview questions relating my past experience, situational questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, situational questions, what would be my actions if I was in typical job situation, etc. The answers were based on my experience gained with past jobs. Vision of certain situation and how I should handle typical complain, comments, staff attitude among other questions. My knowledge of the company I have researched before an interview .   1 Answer