KPMG Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

KPMG Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 25, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Multi Stage interview process, Test, Phone calls, Face to face, further calls.
    Each stage had long waiting times.
    The interview process was straight forward but time consuming.

I was told that they were ok with my salary expectations from the application stage, but when they found out what i was earning currently they based their offer as an increase on my current job, not on my salary request. I was informed they couldn't offer me my salary request due to it being much higher than my current earnings.

Basically wasted my time and theirs.

I guess ive learned a lesson not to disclose current earnings to potential new employers.

I declined the offer as there was no motivation to take a new role on a salary which is only marginally more than i currently make.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Only disappointing aspect of the process was the length of time between interviews. Whole process covered a 6 month period. 3 face to face interviews, all focusing on key competency questions. Interviewers were very easy to talk too and informative about the role/company.

School Leavers Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

the interview process was difficult, i went for an interview which lasted about an hour, half an hour face to face interview the second half an hour a problem solving question. I had about 3 pages of a4 to read and put together a report for a company. There was a lot of information and a lot of tests to do in a small amount of time

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by a 3 hr assessment at KPMG offices. The assessment included two 1-hr interviews and 45 mins written assessment. One interview was with the director and the other with a Manager. The interview took place in a relaxed and friendly environment which was very good.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join KPMG?   1 Answer

Technical Consulting Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

group exercise, partner interview and a written test. The group exercise lasted for 2 hours and partner interview for 20 min and then a 1-hour written test. The case is the same as before. Be confident and efficient is important.

Interview Questions

• why kpmg, why this position   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The partner interview had a thorough conversation with me. Barely felt like an interview. Despite of that almost a sudden rejection. I inquired KPMG regarding a feedback report and I got to know that I did not farely well in their makes an impact category

Interview Questions

• Your review about a company that is not performing well   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee - Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

Online application form: relatively easy and straightforward, asked for minimal details

Situational Judgment Test: relatively easy in my opinion

Aptitude tests:

1. Verbal Reasoning: not as easy as those used by other audit firms. Not too difficult either in my opinion. 20 minute time limit.

2. Numerical Reasoning: notoriously difficult. I do not think that they intend for you to answer all the questions accurately because there is just not enough time for that. I completed 14 of the 20 questions as best as I could and spent the last 10 seconds selecting option A for for the rest of the questions. I cannot recall what the time limit was but it was probably 20 minutes.

Digital submission: this is a 90 second audio recording which you will have to submit in three days.

Launchpad Assessment day

IMPORTANT NOTE: HUMAN RESOURCE CAN BE REALLY INEFFICIENT. Be very careful if you are applying to the Manchester office.

They ignored my application for 3 weeks after I completed the aptitude tests within the deadlines and withdrew my application by mistake. After I explained that I should not be penalised for their miscommunication, they invited me to complete a digital submission. I did this within the 3 day time limit. They then informed me that there were no more assessment centre places. I lost out because of some technical or human error that caused them to ignore my application for 3 weeks, withdraw it by mistake, reinstate it, put my through the digital submission and then inform me that places were filled.

If I could go back in time I would have sent follow-up emails more frequently instead of waiting the 2 weeks before contacting them. Then again, if I could go back in time I wouldn't waste my time applying to KPMG.

Consultsnt Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Assessment Centre. Very Brief Interciew. About 20 Mins, but they ask you like 5 questions. Make sure you Know Exactly What Youre talking about because you don't have the time to ramble.

KICC Competition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Digital submission, which is introduced by KPMG as a very new application stage. Candidates are requested to record 90 seconds' audio to answer two questions provided. Quite flexible and you will e able to get well prepared before submitting the audio recorded. One question is related to competency, the other one is about motivation. Quite typical interview format, instead it runs in audio submission this year.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through a six step process. I applied via a recruiter so this could be different in different circumstances. Firstly a standard CV screening, followed by a telephone interview and the first face to face interview. I was asked back for a second face to face interview which was followed by a partner interview and a HR interview. All parts were friendly and had a good experience.