KPMG Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.1

439 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

relaxing atmosphere, a good opportunity to make some friends. In the end all the candidates were in a room and played the music. You will also have the chance to interact with people working at KPMG.

Capital Allowances Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Application form, situational judgement test, verbal reasoning test, numerical reasoning test, recording of why you want to work for kpmg, assessment centre. Overall process was very quick and well organised.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interviewers were professional and were keen to put me at ease. They treated it like a conversation and encouraged me to ask questions as we went along. KPMG focuses on scenario based questioning to test competency and experience. Some of the questions were challenging so you need to be prepared with really well thought through examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have made a significant impact in developing a client relationship.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

1. Complete initial application - no cv needed
    2. online tests - numeracy quite difficult - not given much time
    3. audio submission 2 mins long (i.e. no webcam)
    4. invitation to assessment day

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Launchpad day consisted of a group task, written assessment and a one-to-one interview with a senior partner in the department. Luckily my interviewer was very relaxed and it ended up being more of a conversation than an interview.

Graduate Audit Interview

Application

Interview

1. Group Discussion
          2 hours
    2. Par Interview (30 mins)
          very friendly

3. Business Report
         1 hour
          lots of information

Excel is really far away from central London, it is better to arrive on time.
    The interview is well organized and feel very motivated during the process.

Interview Questions

• why KPMG? Why audit? why do you think you are suitable for audit?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, SJT, math and verbal tests online, audio submission and Launch Pad

Launch Pad:
    Group assessment, over 5 stages (2 hours)
    Report writing, individual assessment (1 hour)
    Individual interview with a director (20 mins)

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Online tests, competency questions, then an audio submission. Finally a Launch Pad event including a 30 minute Partner interview. This was about 30 minutes long and fairly informal. Felt more like a student/examiner style quiz. Was asked 5 questions in total and the interviewer seemed friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Graduate Audit Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

The application process included standard online application, situational judgement test, numerical and verbal reasoning tests, audio recording and a launch pad (assessment centre).

In the audio recording I was asked to answer 3 questions: why KPMG, why audit and the impact of technology on KPMG/audit. I was also given thorough instructions how to structure the recording and sub-questions that were helpful to do so. As far as I remember the recording must have lasted between 120-150 seconds.

The Launch Pad took a whole day (exercises and breaks between 9-5, but I was asked to arrive at 7.45 because there were passport check and a breakfast beforehand). There were around 200 graduates and plenty of former graduates and employees to network with. The day was well-organised and apart from exercises, there were a few presentations (intro to the company/history of KPMG, one about technology, one about KPMG Academy and one about KPMG Foundation) and a weird drumming session at the end of a day. I think it was meant to be fun and integrating but everyone seemed very tired at that point and just wanted to go home.

Tasks we were assessed on involved group exercise, written exercise and 1-to-1 interview. In the group exercise, we were given a scenario about some charity intending to extend their program for unemployed. There were 5 sections to the exercise - after instructions we were given some time (5-15mins) to discuss it and summarise it on a dedicated sheet. After one section the assessor changed and we started the next section. There were 5 people in each group.

Written task involved writing a business email to your manager - the email had to have 3 sections - overview of a company, challenges and recommendations. We were given loads of info about the company and data that had to be used in an email.

Interview lasted 20-30 minutes. There were few standard questions but also a lot of chatting around them. It was in a form of a chat rather than structured interview. The interviewer was also happy to answer any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• why KPMG?   Answer Question
    • KPMG's competitors? What do they do better and what do you think KPMG should do to catch up?   Answer Question
    • Recent news? Its impact on KPMG? a few follow-up question directly related to the news story (not technical)   Answer Question
    • A time you worked under pressure? The outcome?   Answer Question
    • Something about technology? How do you think KPMG is doing in terms of their tech developments? How would you improve them?   Answer Question

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

The interviewer asked a few questions such as tell me about yourself, why KPMG, why Audit, tell me about a piece of news you read recently, do you know how to use audit tools.