KPW Structural Engineers Senior Structural Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPW Structural Engineers Senior Structural Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at KPW Structural Engineers

1 Interview Review

0.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPW Structural Engineers

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPW Structural Engineers (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position advertised in a SEAONC ad. I was interviewed by the two founders of the firm.

The position appeared to be a fake. The Principals of the firm insisted I bring work samples. They kept reminding me constantly to show up for the interview via phone and email.

The firm told me I would be paid and treated like an EIT even though I had a California Structural Engineer License and many years of significant experience in the work types the firm designed. The Principals kept telling how inferior I was because they did not want me designing projects at this firm. They had the audacity to blame me for what other firm did to me in my career. They were taking notes about everything I said. I think they were using me for free consulting.

They refused to let me take a tour of the office. I was left wondering whether they planned on firing someone.

They claimed I would have to work as an EIT even though they hired people of my experience level and Associates in the firm.

After the interview, I was asked if I could email them PDFs of my work samples. After I refused to do it, the firm turned me down for the position. I do not believe they do not know how to design buildings for seismic forces. They wanted my plans for free because the firm allegedly has software that converts PDFs into CAD details for their use.