KTH Royal Institute of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

Master Thesis Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sweden, WI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (West Sweden, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I contacted the project head in KTH. I was then invited for a meeting where we discussed the project and required skills. We concluded that I have all the skills required for the position.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Interview

It varies from group to group, but KTH sends out calls for PhD students for specific research topics. I emailed the professor in question, and was contacted again for a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked simple things, about me as an individual. Personal questions to gauge if I was the right fit in the group. Also was asked a few simple technical questions on a sample of written work/report I sent as part of the application process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

Based on your letter of motivation and CV candidates are short listed. Generally a skype call with one or many members of the group is done before someone is called in for a personal interview. During the personal interview one has to present a scientific paper and discuss limitations, new ideas to extend the study. The presentation is given to a larger audience. The personal interview follows after the presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Interview

Applied through online process, they have chosen my bio-data from large pool of applicants and take 3 rounds of interview.First round was general related to thesis, 2nd round was theory and application and 3rd round was evaluating my programming script. Finally, they choose me for final round where we have normal discussion related to software development, and all.

Assistant Professor - Övningsasse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in October 2015.

Interview

I already knew the professor before hand. I emailed him and asked for the position. I had gotten an A in the course so I tried out the positon. After trying the position I asked for more times that I could come and help out. So there wasn't really an interview process.

Interview Questions

• The thing that's important (except a high grade in the subject) is the desire to learn   Answer Question

Master Thesis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Interview

Contacted the posting professor via exjobb kth website. However the professor did not think my background (electronics) matched that topic about robots (automation). He made a recommendation about another topic and arranged for an interview.
    The process went through the contents of the topic. Was asked about my understanding and experiences of related concepts specifically. Went through academic background and related courses.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much difficult. Though slightly unexpected was that my transcripts were looked into carefully. Was asked about why the scores were high/low and continued with details in the courses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Interview

There are two phases
    (1) I apply for a funding from Taiwan's government
    (2) After obtaining the funding, I query this position in KTH via email.

Interview Questions

• The main task in this position is researches about
      (1) communication systems, for example, MIMO, Relay and so on.
      (2) Information theory   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with my (to be) supervisor and we have a hour long interview about the position. It was very informal and cordial. I spoke about my background and why I was qualified for the position. KTH hires PhD on a "position" basis, which basically means whenever a a professor receives funding to hire a PhD. Keep looking at the website for a positions to pop up!

PhD Student Interview

Interview

send application to a professor, then he can decide it

PhD-position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2008.

Interview

- Short phone interview with assistant professor: on why KTH, why research etc etc
    -1:1 interview with professor in question focused on academic track record and future ideas. No biggy.
    Was offered o participate in a group meeting the same day, and was asked to present a summary of the findings of my M.Sc thesis (5-10 min). People were really relaxed (did not expect anything else), listened and asked follow up questions, more to be nice than to test skills. Aside from detailed tech-questions from faculty on specific details, it was an easy interview and a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • How would you define stress, and given this definition, what is your relationship(funny phrasing) to stress. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Was offered a substantially better offer from a private company