KaVo Kerr Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KaVo Kerr Group Interview Questions

3.2

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Orange, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview then
    1st round In-person Interview then
    2nd round In-person interview

Before I got to my 1st In-person interview the HR department wanted to vet all 5 of my references. I had to send an email to each of the 5 references and have them fill out a questionnaire regarding my work performance and overall personality.

A note to the HR department- If you are to have such a thorough reference check, that is fine, but you might want to save it for the last round of interviews AFTER I have had the chance to meet all the interviewers. Can you imagine if I had to send a reference questionnaire during 1st round interviews for each job I was interested in? My references would tire of it and no longer fill them out!

You have a really bad process regarding your reference checks. Please save your reference checks to the last step and only if you're going to offer me the position. This is no way to treat potential employees or people....period!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group.

Interview

I applied through a college career fair and had a phone interview a few days later. I did a couple phone interviews then was invited out to NC for the last round of interviews. I had five on-site interviews and also did a sales role play for about 11 people who worked for the company. It was a nerve-racking interview process, but I enjoyed it.

START Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

They bring the final people out to Charlotte, NC for an in depth interview process. There are multiple interviews back to back. They, also, as that you do a role play with with someone you haven't met while the people you interviewed with watch. This gives them a chance to critique your skills, and it gives them a better idea of how you do what you do.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate yourself?   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Orange, CA).

Interview

HR phone interview, online references, 1:1 manger interview, panel interview

They have a ridiculous online reference process that you're supposed to fill out before the interview. It requires you to provide contact information of 2 previous supervisors and 3 other people. References are checked with a skills survey prior to the panel.

I interviewed with the panel and they were all very nice people. However, HR calls me back 2 weeks later asking me to give them my current manger's contact info before they make a decision. I refused to jeopardize my current job and have them contact my boss in the "hope" they'd extend an offer.

Reference checks should be completed after you've selected your candidate, nobody wants to risk their current position and have their boss contacted by another company prior to an offer. This is obviously a poor reflection on their archaic interview process.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Hatfield, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. One telephone interview and then face to face interviews with the CFO, Director and Manager. Interview questions were standard and well thought out. Their responses to my questions were thorough.

Interview Questions

• How will your past experience benefit you in this role?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group.

Interview

First had a Phone Interview, then scheduled a Face-2-Face with hiring manager, another Phone Interview with a different manager , and finally a F2F with VP of sales with one final candidate.

Once the process started, it progressed very quickly. lots of personality type questions and situational sales role playing.

Rated Dental Experience versus overall successful sales experience.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Anaheim, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

My experience is very similar to the previous review below for this position (Business Intelligence Analyst). There were 6 rounds of interviews.

1) The first round was a phone interview with an HR rep to go over the basics of your resume.
    2) Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager that went more into depths of the skills listed in my resume.
    3) I was then invited to interview at their office in Anaheim, CA. This interview was a panel interview with 2 of their programmers. It was mostly a personality interview to make sure we could work smoothly as a team. They also threw in some technical questions and hypothetical situations.
    4) Then an interview with the Hiring Manager himself. Here I was grilled about my technical skills.
    5) Another interview with the VP of HR. She asked me mostly personality based questions.
    6) Finally an interview with the VP of IT. More personality based questions.

General Thoughts: After going through the interview process, I realized that I was misled about this job opportunity. The working on the job advertisement describes it as an "entrepreneurial, internal consultant, solutions provider, innovative thinker, etc). It sounded very appealing which prompted me to apply.

After talking with the Hiring Manager, the job description changed from "analyst, consultant, champion of ideas" (as listed in their job advertisement ) to more of a help desk role.

In reality this position is a help desk role where the business intelligence analyst is expected to mostly maintain user accounts for their BI tools, provide training on their BI tools, and troubleshoot software. Not a whole lot of strategic analysis.

The overall office atmosphere was depressing. Dimly lit, no windows, and tiny cubicles that have short walls for no privacy.

It is important to read employee reviews from current and former employees. Considering the "switcharoo" they pulled with the job responsibilities and the employee reviews, it's no wonder this role has been open for a year. If a job opportunity has been open for this long, that's a big red flag. Either the pay is low, or the job responsibilities suck, or both.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with using MS Access as a BI tool?   Answer Question

Their salary offer was way too low. Plus the office atmosphere and the change of job responsibilities during the interview process turned me off to them.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Anaheim, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for Business Intelligence Analyst position. All interviewers were very pleasant and professional. I went through 6 (yes 6) rounds of interviews. A phone interview with HR rep, a Phone interview with the hiring manager, an panel interview with their programmers, a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, a 1:1 interview with the H.R. VP. and and 1:1 with the V.P. of I.T. What I can say is there was a disconnect between what the requirements of the job were per the hiring manager all the way up the chain to the V.P. of I.T. The impression I got from the manager was he wanted someone who could fill a tech support and business systems analyst role. The impression I got from the V.P. was that he wanted someone who operated at a director level. Overall, I don't think they know what they want in this position. It is still open now and has been for over a year.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Glendora, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The process included two phone interviews followed up by an onsite interview. Interviewers were pleasant, forthcoming about the position requirements. Their questions were thourough and appropriate to the position. The VP is particularly insightful.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group (Anaheim, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had interviews with the various marketing managers as well as the VP. Very intimidating but also approachable people at the same time.