Kabuki Japanese Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

First I was called in by the (now former) floor manager. She interviewed me, asked basic questions about ethics and availability, then told me to return the next day to interview with the general manager.

He asked me what I knew about sushi and japanese food, then followed up with availability questions. At the end, I was hired and told to return the same evening for my first shift.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sushi? What are the different forms of sushi?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants.

Interview

The interview process is quick and informal. It will help a lot if you know someone that is currently working. Mostly hires friends and family. If you are lucky you will interview with a floor manager that is kind and understanding. Most upper management is old and korean, and will judge you based on looks.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Brea, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The Kabuki interview was fairly basic. They asked questions that restaurant jobs would ask for. The manager would take you to a separate room and ask you questions. Interview was fairly short and lasted about 15 minutes. Some questions included: What is your availability like and What are your strengths ?

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about ten days later for an interview. Went in and met the manager. She was VERY unprofessional. She sat me down at a booth in the actual restaurant literally next to a group of people eating. Then she flipped through a stack of 5 or more applications right in front of me while I was answered her questions. First she asked me, "Tell me about your experience." Then she asked immediately afterwards "Tell me about yourself" which is pretty much the same question since employers don't want you to actually talk about yourself, they want your job history/experience.

As soon as I told her I wasn't available 2 days out the week, her face and friendly behavior dropped, which is frustrating to me since the online application didn't have an area where you could input your availability. She then asked me a couple of questions that I already answered in the application like if "I knew anyone who worked there." At the end of the interview, she kept on repeating "I don't know, I don't know" in front of me and sat there in silence for 5+ seconds while she considered hiring me or not. Then she told me come in for an interview the next day with a different manager. The next day, the other manager immediately offered me the job.

A very uncomfortable and unprofessional interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your goals?
      What job do you want in the future?
      What do you like to eat here?
      Have you eaten at other locations besides this one?
      Do you know anyone who works here?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Wasn't told pay rate until I filled out paper work almost a week later.

Food Runner Interview

Interview

i applied online and received a call from the manager. called in to interview. very easy and simple questions and was hired on the spot. process took about 1 or 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple questions about yourself. This job doesn't require any experience for hosts, so they mostly just want to see what kind of person you are. If you don't have any job experience, please put some type of experience on your resume: volunteering, babysitting, etc. They just want something. They mostly look for how you speak and act, since you'll be interacting with customers as soon as they walk in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kabuki? What does a host do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a few simple common sense questions. Which you should be extremely honest and if you don't have experience then be eager to learn. There is potential growth in the restaurant but not too far.. (e.g. host,food runner, server, bartender, assistant manager)

Interview Questions

• Are you able to count money efficiently and quickly?
      Do you have any customer service experience?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Short and quick to the point, the manager was able to provide enough details about the duties that may involve with the position. Most of the questions revolved around my experience and how I would approach a difficult situation.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2012.

Interview

Easy, simple questions, asked my availability, how I am , weakness and strength, why'd I be good for the team. It was a 1 on 1. Asked if I had knowledge in sushi, serving etc.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants (Glendale, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Asked questions about previous serving skills, knowledge of sushi, and personality questions when dealing with customers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were upset with a customer in your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. standard server rate plus tips.