Kaiser Associates Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Associates Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaiser Associates

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates.

Interview

Process took a month or so. Initial phone screen and 'Super Day' interviews, which included case, written test, and behavioural. Written and cases were not particularly quantitative or challenging, cases were largely interviewer led, practice and familiarity with basic frameworks would be sufficient. Come across as calm, thoughtful, and confident. Behavioural is key as Kaiser is heavy on 'culture' fit--friendly, hardworking, curious, self-motivated, team player.

Overall great experience, everyone is friendly, cares about applicant experience, interview process was convincing that Kaiser is an employer of choice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult. Written requires quick ability to process information into digestible format.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief and limited, dependent on experience level

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Associates

Application

Interview

I applied through an online job posting. There was no communication regarding the status of my application, but about a month later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was pleasant during the interview and all subsequent email communications. The interviewer was mainly interested in your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• The question was a straightforward market sizing question. Minimal difficulty with any case prep experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Durham, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

Call (behavioral + case), then you write a paper, then onsite. they're super nice which throws you off but they judge harshly bc they get a lot of applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in November 2008.

Interview

There was an on campus interview with two recruiters, they asked me a case interview question about how many passengers leave JFK airport on any given day, and asked other background questions. For the second round they flew me to DC and had a series of 5 or 6 hour long interviews with all sorts of different firm members, including two pretty strenuous case interviews.

In general, I liked everyone I interacted with.

Interview Questions

• How many passengers leave JFK airport on a given day.   19 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

My first round was on campus, It was a basic behavioural for 30 minutes and a 15 minute brainteaser. (how many cups of coffee does starbucks sell in a day? ) later i was invited to their office in Dc for a final round. This had a skills test, 4 case interviews and presentation of results.

Interview Questions

• how many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in a day in USA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

Two phone screens followed by an all-day in-person interview. Phone interviews include the typical fit questions, a walkthrough of your resume, and a quick (5-10min) "brain teaser"

Interview Questions

• during the all-day series of in-person interviews, one will include a market sizing opportunity based on limited financial data from competitors. Others may provide a several year financial history of a company along with intentionally vague details about competitors' current operations and market share. Within a 20-30 minute timeline, you are asked to develop a market growth strategy citing specific opportunities and areas for growth (e.g. new markets or products) that can help Company X beat competitors in the mid-to-long run   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable at entry level positons

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates in September 2017.

Interview

Kaiser came to my university for an info session which I attended and then I networked with a university alum to get on their list. I was contacted for a first round interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time between academics and extracurriculars?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

I am still in the very beginning stages of the interviewing process, but my initial phone call with a principal from the company was so nice. The interviewer was incredibly friendly and sold the company to me without having to try - he loves it there and it's obvious. I felt comfortable able to ask anything too.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates in February 2012.

Interview

Super day with 2 behavioral and 2 case interviews. Everyone was very nice and friendly, I did not feel like I was being drilled, however my interview schedule got a bit mixed up as someone got called away on an emergency call.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates in February 2011.

Interview

The first half of my phone interview consisted of various behavioral questions - tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume, tell me about your last work experience, tell me about a time you worked with a team, etc. The second half consisted of an estimation/sizing question, as is typical for most consulting interviews. I was asked to estimate the market volume of Diet Cokes sold in the US each year.

Interview Questions

• What was the market value of Diet Cokes sold in the US last year?   1 Answer