Kaiser Director Physician Recruitment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kaiser

1 Interview Review

Director Physician Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser (Pasadena, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted back in August 2015 after my resume was reviewed by the Senior Lead Recruiter from Kaiser National Recruitment Services. Clearly there was a sense that they received numerous applications. After two phone screens and a resume review I was selected to move to the next stage. A month after my phone screen (October) I was scheduled to meet with the MHA, Executive Administrator. I found her to be highly professional, articulate and well versed in describing the scope of work and requirements. Although she had been employed roughly a year a thorough picture of Kaiser Permanent was painted. A month later (November) I was scheduled for a two panel staff interview (over 2hours) with 10 active employees. The employees were open, vivid and candid. Their desire to find a voice, a sound leader and support was the consensus. A month later (December) I was scheduled for a Board of Director interview with 4 Senior Level Board Members. The interview was over two hours, which required an impromptu presentation and heavy questioning to ensure my abilities met the overall requirements of the role.

Interviewing for a Director of Talent or "Physician" Recruitment I paid close attention to the interview process I was asked to move through. I focused on the level of professionalism, communication and interaction with me as an applicant. I know everyone is extremely busy (I am employed) and our time valuable. More important, I know the process I experienced would be a direct reflection of what Physicians and applicants would experience. After 4 months of interviewing and moving through an extensive process it is unfortunate after my board interview (45 days ago) I heard nothing. While I waited patiently there was no contact which I find to be highly unprofessional. As applicants when you are asked to move through a 4month interview there is a lot of accommodating required. As applicants we know the best applicant will always be chosen. After moving through two phone screens, two panel interview and a board level interview - one would know at that level likely only a handful of applicants would reach a final stage. Contacting each individual I would find to be normal protocol. There was no email, no contact not even a returned call.

My recommendation for anyone applying for a Talent, Director or Management role in Pasadena would be to be mindful of how the recruitment process goes. In January 2016 I made my first call to the Senior Lead Recruiter who I worked with at the beginning of the process. No returned call. I tried a second time and left a voicemail on her cell and a week later no returned call. Let me ask if you were asked to interview for 4 months, emailed once and made two calls which were never returned - would you even want to be considered any longer? At this point I never received a return call, haven't had one method of contact advising me of the status of the position - I have removed myself from consideration. The process I went through and disconnect in communication is likely what Physicians and other applicants experience. Likely the breakdown in communication within the Recruitment process exemplifies the same experience one would experience as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Standard phone interview questions. First round interview was standard interview questions. Panel interview was scripted questions delivered by each employee. Board of Directors was a 10 minute presentation and more behavioral type questions.   Answer Question
  • Would you recommend applicants to apply for other Management/Director type positions?   1 Answer