Kaiser Permanente Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone call, 2 hour interview. Very basic. The interview wasn't too hard. They focused more on your personality and whether or not you're a good fit for the company. Got offer within a week. HR took forever to get my documentation going.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Burbank, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship but was offered an Analyst position. I interview with a recruiter over the phone and Submitted short answer questions via word ducument. Then I drove 65 miles for a panel interview. A week later I did another interview with managers over the phone from Oakland. I accepted the position but then a week later, the position was reascended. The explanation was that, HR did not approve.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and critical thinking questions to measure how one will handle situations.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Had a phone interview, the interviewer came off a little cold and condescending. Surprisingly, he wanted to move forward with the next steps of the interview process which is the in-person panel interview. Unfortunately, he never called back nor did he respond to my follow-up email. I thought it was very unprofessional and rude.Kind of shows what type of people you would be working with. Wasted my time and efforts when I could have spent it elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• questions on statistics, pretty basic knowledge if you know it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I was recruited by a recruiter. A team of 5-6 managers interviewed me. They were very friendly and sincere and I could feel their sincere interest. I got the job after that 1 interview, but was told that it was really unusual.

Interview Questions

• Experience working in a union environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

the recruiter was the main contact. the salary was at a lower end, but it matched with my employment history. most people were helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Calverton, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Calverton, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people had a background check and drug screening,

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was initially referred by a co-worker. I applied for the job and was eventually called in for testing. Once I passed, I was called in for an interview. Shockingly, there were only two people present for the interview - the person who would become my manager and the director. Probably a few days after the interview I was offered the position. This initial process took about two weeks, but there was a lot of back and forth about the salary so the entire process from interview to actually starting was about a month.

Interview Questions

• It's been a while, but the main ones I remember are tell us a little bit about yourself, what do you know about the department/position, How do you handle deadlines/prioritize your work, How do you handle sensitive information?...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Interview for an analyst position back in 2008. A recruiter at HR contacted me in regards to the position. She arranged a phone interview for me with the hiring manager. HR and hiring manager were friendly. No offer at the end though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here instead of other companies?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a former co-worker who currently works at Kaiser Permanente. I applied online as directed, and in 3 weeks I was called by the hiring manager for an interview the following Friday. I was also asked to prepare a 2-5 minute presentation on a topic of my choosing. The interview consisted of a three-person interview panel which included my friend, a product manager (the lady who called me to set up the interview), and a project manager. The entire experience was very friendly. After a brief description of the job's responsibilities, I was asked a series of mostly behavioral related questions. Afterwards, I was allowed to ask my own questions, then give my presentation. This 3-person panel interview lasted about 45 minutes, after which I was told that I would hear back within a week.

Sure enough, I was called by someone in Administration the Monday following this interview for a 2nd interview with the Medical Administrator and Executive Consultant. This interview was more of a "are you fit for this position" and was surprisingly much easier than the first panel interview. After talking about myself and a few questions related to my qualifications I was again allowed to ask questions. I was informed that they would give their feedback to the hiring manager and a decision would be made within a week. This interview lasted about 30 minutes.

A few days later I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of when you went above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Are you a detail-oriented or big-picture person? And can you give us an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the initial offer because it was reasonably more than I was being current compensated.

The only advice I can give is to wait for a number to be thrown out, say thank you for the offer, request an offer letter, then give it a day or two to think it over.