Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Clackamas, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

3.2

New Grad RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

First was the application, then an email stating I've been selected and there will be phone interviews done during specific days and times and to keep that time open. The phone interview was roughly ten minutes. Very friendly easy going staff. Then they called the next day to schedule the second interview in person. This interview included seven managers, a director, and an educator. Not all questions were behavioral and the director was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made an error and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • What are your short and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are the things you don't like or find challenging about nursing and what is something you like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you did not follow an order or did something to stand up for a patient or client or questioned the doctor.   Answer Question
    • How do you view the role of the nurse?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None yet

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October for the new grad program but didn't hear back till the 2nd week of December. I got an email saying that I was selected for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes (4 questions) and I got a call back the next day that I was going in for the second round which was the panel interview (lasted about 45 minutes). Panel interview was with 9 nurse managers from the Medical-Surgical team. The nurse managers were so awesome and nice about the entire process. I've never felt such a welcoming feeling in a nursing interview (and this was with 9 people!!!!!). After my panel interview, I got a call and an email that I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient/family member and how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • When have you made a mistake and how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had to do a research and what'd you learn?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and did not get a confirmation email back. I attempted to call HR to follow up and was told that I wasn't permitted to "cold call" unless I had a contact name. Two silent weeks went by and I was surprised, yet excited when I received a phone call to set up an interview. I was told it would be a panel interview made up of three nurse managers asking interpersonal type of questions. The interview was without a doubt difficult. Four nurse managers were present and I was told they perform behavioral based interviews. They handed me the outline of the interview so I could follow along. There were several questions with multiple parts, I felt nervous but confident with my answers. Toward the end of the interview they gave me a two part case study with a handful of written questions to be answered as well as verbal questions from the panel on what my nursing judgement would include. After the interview, I received a tour of the unit. I followed up with thank you email, but recieved a rejection phone call one week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you questioned the current practice and brought about a change to improve your team/workplace?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were unable to provide the best care for your patient. What did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

It was long and started with HR contacting me and then I interviewed with the department manager and then a month later went through orientation. The background check took a long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because the union decides on your pay.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, and two in person interviews. All very standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, in fact when I asked about negotiating I was threatened with loosing the offer, this was the first big red flag.