Kaiser Permanente Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Duluth, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through two interviews, quick preliminary interview and group interview. The group interview was long for no reason. They have you partner up and explain the other person's background experience. Did Nate ask you to questions in a group setting

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you didn't like the policy what did you do and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2017.

Interview

CSRs at the new call center in GA are hired through local staffing agencies. I participated in a group interview of about 25 candidates. Interview process was laid back. The hiring managers tried to get everyone relaxed and have a good time. They start with a trivia round and give out small prizes when someone has a fun fact about Kaiser. Then you partner up for 5 minutes with the candidate sitting next to you. After the five minutes, you stand up and introduce your partner, their work history, and what "excellent customer service" means to your partner. After the introductions, there is a behavioral interview round. The managers ask each person one question. There are 4 possible questions and they rotate. You are asked to keep answers brief. You might also have time to prepare while others are answering their questions. After everyone has answered, the interview is over. They told the results to the staffing agency same day. Really easy and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where there was a process or policy you did not agree with, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time that you did not provide the level of customer service that you would have liked.   Answer Question
    • What does "taking ownership" of a problem mean to you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 7 other people interviewing for a job. We had to sit in alphabet order. There was four interviewers. We went around the whole table and introduce ourselves. Then we had to pair up and ask or partner what customer service skills/jobs have they had, and then present them to the room. We then had two out three questions that were written on the board out loud one by one. Why do we want to work at a call center? How do we handle stress? Lastly we were asked four questions by the interviewers one by one. One question at a time. We were all asked the same questions. Why should we hire?

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Describe a time when you delivered customer service that you were not satisfied with.
      Why do you want to work at a call center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 25 other people broken into groups with two managers interviewing maybe 8-10 people at each table. They ask you all 4 questions but in different orders, they want the STAR format so make sure answers are very detailed and make sense you cant babble. Answers are scored from 1 to 4 4 being the highest, I assume they go for the people with the highest scores but that part I don't really know. Im playing the waiting game as they told us it would be 5 business days before we heard anything. But before all of this you have to take and pass a 5 part assessment that is kind of tricky but not impossible to pass.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't provide the level of customer service you would have liked   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with approx 24 other people. We were separated into 3 groups and had two managers/supervisors per table. It is important to read the information sheet they provide in the email because they quiz you before the interview starts. Don't stress, it is actually fun and meant to loosen you up for the actual interviewing questions. Once the quiz session is over, they allow you a 10 minute break. After the break, that is when they ask you the four questions. They don't ask the same question back to back, instead the rotate the questions between the people at the table. But you will have answered all four questions by the time they are finished. Try to keep your answers short but concise, they stress this. After that, they wait until all the groups are finished and then you are free to go.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Describe at time when you did not provide the best customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview. 3 groups. 12 people per group. 2 managers at each table. They go around the table... Everyone is asked the same 4 questions in different orders. Don't ramble. Be brief and confident. You'll have time to think of your answers while others are talking. Was offered the job within 2 days after the interview but declined due to the location of the call center. Online job post stated it would be in Buckhead, found out at interview it would be all the way in Gwinnett. No deal. Pay rate offered was great, and well above offers I received at other healthcare organaiztoons in the city. Would consider applying again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt you did not deliver good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Corona, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment/personality test, did over the phone interview and in person group interview. Everything went well and the next day was offered the job. Now a month later, have already passed the drugs test, background check and was about to do my health screening, receive a call from recruitment that the position has been cancelled due to budget reasons. Had already put my 2 weeks notice at my current job and my last day was in four days, was ready to start at Kaiser in a week. Very poor planning and managing on Kaiser's end. Very unfortunate and upsetting. Did not expect to mislead and blindsided from this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Corona, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group, 4 Sup/Managers that take turns asking questions from packet, 1 Hiring manager in the back, was never introduced. Given a 4 to 5 page packet, 1st page,state your name, and everyone answers 2 typical interview questions, second page you team up with someone by alphabet order in pairs, you have 4 questions, you pick two, you interview your partner & stand up and recite their answer. next few pages, go around the room answer typical interview questions, the last step, was one of the managers read a quick brief story, and on the last page of packet, you had four questions you had to answer, from the quick short story. Pretty much went as others have stated, managers write down everything you say, may ask additional question, depending on your response. Waited in the lobby, told us half were free to go, other half went back for another one on one with managers. All the questions on glassdoor about Kaiser Cust Serv postion was asked in interview.

Interview Questions

• Pay attention to short story & take notes as fast as you can   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 managers who are experienced in the position. Questions were relevant to the job rather than just random behavioral questions. The job description was outlined clearly

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where I dealt with an unreasonable customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Corona, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was two hiring managers. They took turns asking questions. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. They want detailed answers and and spend most of there time writing what you are saying and are not making eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question