Kaiser Permanente Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Rude interview by telephone, outside consultants involved in the process. Position posted for more than a year but not because of candidates experience, its because the outside consultant. Looking back at the situation, I think this person should have applied for the position themselves.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe experience but was interrupted, this interviewer seemed to have a chip on their shoulders, demonstrated lack of professionalism and this person could be suffering from superiority complex. The best way to describe the experience was this person was aggressive, had already developed an opinion of me before the interview took place and it happened in the first few questions. This set the tone for the rest of the interview. It seemed it was important to this outside consultant that they were in charge and it was their way or no way at all.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Screening interview with HR, then panel interview with the heads of various departments. 4 hr panel interview filled with behavavioral type questions. Its been 2 weeks still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you successfully negotiated a win-win outcome between two departments with competing agendas and priorities regarding a significant business issue. What was your specific approach to handling this situation? Tell me about a time when you changed a person’s mind from being resistant to your idea to being supportive of your idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone screening done by recruiter and then hiring manager. In person multiple panel interview, scenario presentation on employee management and improving processes. How do you deal with difficult employees, and performance management experience and what was your role and how you supported direct report.

Interview Questions

• Questions included: Your weakness and strengths, Difficult situation at work and how you death with it, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Very long process with a lot of hurdles to jump over. Almost overkill. A drug, personality and skills test for a non-operational role (i.e. backoffice Finance) does not apply for this role, but understand that this is a healthcare company.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, 3 in-person 1:1 interviews with Hiring Mgr and/or Executive level supervisors, also a panel interview with various stakeholders. The interviews were mostly conversational and not too many "gotcha" questions were asked. The process was overall pleasant though on the lengthy side - 6 weeks after submitting my resume before I got a call, and then 3 more months after that first call until the offer. Everyone involved was very professional and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What specific reports do you usually run to determine profitability and productivity in your current department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the onset my desired salary (which they ask you to specify in their initial paperwork) was higher than what they revealed was being offered for the position. When I did get the offer, I reminded them that the salary was lower than I had initially desired and they did come back with a 4% increase. That increase combined with the possible annual bonus (which is not guaranteed, and is not based on personal performance) put me in my desired range.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

The entire process took several months and involved phone calls and panel interviews. There were large periods of silence from the recruiter, and each time I began to assume they had moved me to the no longer interested pile, the recruiter would contact me and tell me they were really high on me but were bogged down with business issues. The recruiter continually gave me the impression I was their top candidate and it was only a matter of time before I heard the good news of an offer. In the end I went through a lot of effort when I believe they already knew who they were going to hire and just needed to have a complete pool of candidates for legal reasons. I had every required and preferred bullet on the position summary covered with many years of experience, but got absolutely no feedback on why I wasn't selected when I asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Corporate interview was a waste of time, poor questions that were not relevant to the role, panel had arrogance to them, the panel was over a half hour late and cut the interview short by the time they were late, they did not value my time at all. Panel went around the room asking questions specific to their role in the organization and not centered around the actual role I was applying for with one panel member not asking any questions at all. They did good an over all background on their company, but I already had this knowledge based on my due diligence.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about current company with probing questions, seemed to want to know what current insurance company was doing more than an interview for a role. There were no questions on my fit into the role and the most interesting reason for the declination of an offer was due to an item not in the job role and never asked or discussed with me. It appeared their decision was made up prior to the interview and I was one of the required applicants needed to interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Staff was congenial and honest. Staff was highly qualified and knowledgeable about the vacant position. They were concerned about the fit as much or more than qualifications. The job description was typical adding some irrelevant tasks and responsibilities. While they said I was qualified, some expressed concern about my lack of direct experience in health care. Age was probably a factor too.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2015.

Interview

Messy. HR didn't seem to know what they were doing and what all the options were. The people who did the interview and overall recruitment process varied and didn't seem to have their stories aligned. Once I did accept the job, understanding the benefits, the re-location package, and even the start date and whether or not there was an orientation seemed like novel questions. Very disappointing that in a company this size they can't figure out how to block and tackle. It makes me concerned that I won't be able to recruit the talent I need in my department unless I already know them (as was the case with me and how I ended up here).

Interview Questions

• The type of culture I'm looking to work in.   1 Answer
    • What type of manager do I like to work with?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2015.

Interview

Very slow and minimal communication...recruiter asked a lot of meaningless questions and did not follow-up after for several weeks. This is not an ideal or innovative company by any means.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult situation you dealt with at work   Answer Question