Kaiser Permanente Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview after about two weeks. The interview was conducted by an HR personnel. She asked me some basic interview questions. She also said that the interview result would be released on the coming Monday. Although I was not invited to proceed to the next interview, I was still glad that she kept her promise and the result was given quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a quick and insightful interview. The interview process itself will most likely include a part where you have to give a presentation of the prior work that you have done and how it relates to the current position that you are applying for. If you nail this, you'll impress the employer and get a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an incorrect credit balance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

good and pleasant, nice employer, hiring is not as complicated as other companies, may require a lot of time for the process to take place, will need to get in touch with the recruiter on regular bassis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

was referred, went through two interviews one with the hiring manager and another with his boss 5 minutes into the second interview I was tested on my accounting knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kaiser   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview (I was not invited back for an in-person interview).

Scheduling the phone interview was more difficult than it should have been. The recruiter must have been extremely busy, as it took him a week to get back to me after our initial introductory emails. Once we settled on a date and time for the phone interview, I waited anxiously by the phone, but he never called. It took another two weeks for us to finally connect on the phone.

The interview itself was fine; the questions were as one would expect, and lasted maybe half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions: Why are you looking to leave your current position? What type of computer programs do you currently use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Contacted by dept manager for initial phone interview and brought in for face to face meeting the following week. Interviewed with 2 team members, the manager and director. They had a set of questions to ask from and went down the list. Involved scenario questions, strength/weakness questions, and a few technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rockville, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Drawn out. HR seemed to be very uncoordinated with getting resumes to managers and response times were very delayed. The interview consisted of a test and a panel interview. The test was then presented during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you attracted to this position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Got email notification from HR within days of applying. Answered basic screening questions, a repeat of screening questions already asked and answered when applying online. Interview appointment was set up pretty quickly and casually. Standard canned interview questions, practically like an online questionnaire (why do you want this job, how do you deal with hostile coworkers, what do you do if your boss's peer wants you to do something...). There was a long quiet period until second round interviews. People seemed generally very nice, but very guarded at the same time, as if they/we were always being recorded or watched.

Interview Questions

• Estimate annual demand for batteries in the US. A typical Google interview question, like how many golf balls fit in a school bus.   Answer Question

One interviewer said they were constantly fighting with IT to get data access, equipment and software upgrades. And losing.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied online and received a call one month later. I interviewed with 3 managers. They asked common interview questions. The interview lasted one hour. I will update my response if I am selected for the second round of interviews. There is an assessment test on the same day of the second interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Submitted my application online which was a detailed process but fortunately KP's career portal will save your info for future applications. Not not after my submission I received a call from what I believe was a representative from HR who wanted to coordinate a phone interview with the Assistant Controller. The phone interview was short and sweet, nothing too complex. I was invited to the first in-person interview where I interviewed with the Assistant Controller and Finance Manager one-on-one, answering fairly basic questions. Afterwards I had to take an Excel skills test which was fairly complex and covered advanced functions within excel, basic MS Acess skills, and even some SQL code. I did well enough on both the one-on-one and and Excel test to be invited to a panel interview where I presented multiple case questions I had emailed to me 48 hrs prior.

Interview Questions

• Create a financial model that will display an expected profit level when given inputs are changed.   Answer Question