Kaiser Permanente IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente IT Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Found jobs on the KP website and applied via the KP website. I had an initial phone interview and then had a one-on-one phone interview. Both interviews seemed kind of rushed and didn't touch on a lot of the details of the job. They were more interested in the politics and how to navigate the organization.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about how much experience I have within KP and navigating the KP politics   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Team managers phone screen about 30 minutes and 1-hour F2F onsite, both had multiple people in them. Typical background, technical, situational and behavioral types of questions. After they contacted me and going thru the interviews, fed & local background checks, drug screening, offer acceptance and HR policy agreement and the entire hiring process for 3-weeks, I was called by the recruiter after the 4th of July and told that the project had been cancelled because all funding had disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Funding had been pulled back by their senior leadership and most non-essential hiring was going to slow or completely stop for awhile. Apparently KP is having major financial and leadership issues this summer because of ongoing labor negotiations. I do not have a favorable impression of them anymore, they just left me hanging with no path forward anymore except to say since they invested the time and effort into recruiting me, once the management approves new headcount and funds, I will be a top candidate. That was 4-weeks ago and not a word so nothing has changed. Many other people were impacted too here in the area.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

In person with al the people on the team

Interview Questions

• People Management and resolving conflicts witht the management teams   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call from the internal KP recruiter after applying for a position online. This initial phone screen lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of basic questions about professional background and experience as well as a basic overview of KP. The recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for the next day. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and was slightly more indepth than the phone screen, with specific questions about work tasks, experience, and a lot more detail about the specific position being filled. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. It was 1 on 1 and lasted approximately one hour. It was very relaxed and the hiring manager was extremely transparent about what they were looking for, some of the challenges, and opportunities.

The recruiter called a few days later and made the offer contingent on background/drug test, etc. The total time from the first phone screen to passing the background check and getting a start date confirmed, took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kaiser Permanente? Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary; overall salary and benefits package was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was scheduled with the IT Program Manager and Development Manager.

Interview Questions

• SDLC questions were posed; site examples where SDLC was used   Answer Question