Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Front Office Administrator Interview

Interview

A highly resourceful, energetic and competent customer service representative with over 15 year’s experience of
    providing the highest standard of administrative support. A proven ability to deal with all aspects of front office duties
    and able to work well under pressure professionally and efficiently.

Regulatory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Walked into a small room with one director and another employee. The room was very friendly and the interviewers were smiling. They had a sheet in front of them with interview questions to ask me. I answered the questions as they were asked of me and answered some questions ahead of time based on some of the answers to previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were in a position of leadership and what was the outcome. What did your colleagues think of you and your role during the experience?   1 Answer

Clinical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Uncertain of the hiring process. I've been called or e-mailed by them 4 times within the last year about positions I've applied for. Person interviewing me laughed multiple times as if I was telling a joke except I wasn't and was speaking openly and honestly about my experiences and where I am now. I used to think KP was the promise land after so many positive reviews from not only employees but patients within their system. I felt that my interviewer was for lack of better wording unprofessional. She said she would call my most recent supervisor and call me back and never did.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. You understand this isn't full time? You undetstand where the location is in comparison to where you live? Talk about your most recent position and past positions and why you aren't with them any more. Discuss any gaps in employment   1 Answer

RN Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with panel. Usual screening interview to find out more about me and why I was interested in the job.
    2nd interview in person with panel. More extensive interview with specific questions to learn more about critical thinking skills, problem solving, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Kaiser?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you thought outside the box to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had a conflict at work and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with a process and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel that interviewed me and it was a behavioral interview, a lot of 'give me an example of a time when you did this or that". They all took turns asking questions. At the end they indicated they would contact me further if they decided do a 3rd interview, or just contact me in general to let me know, but I never heard back from them. I even emailed after a week went by to ask. I was ok with not moving further along in the process, but I think it was dis-respectful to not at least respond to my email letting me know they hadn't chosen me to go further.

Bilingual Appointment Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I applied online. I got an email from a recruiter 4 business days later instructing me to go to their HR building to take 4 assessments. I had to pass all 4 in order to be considered for the position. After I was done with the test the receptionist at the HR facility told me right away my results. She told me since I passed my recruiter will contact me in a few days to set up an appointment for my bilingual assessment. The recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later with the time and dates to come in for the assessment. I didn't get my test results until 3 business days later stating that I passed. About 1 week later a recruiter contacted me going over my resume and test results. She told me she will forward my stuff to the hiring manager and they will set me up for an interview. It's been 2 weeks going on 3 weeks and I have not heard from anyone. I even emailed the recruiter to check on my application and got no response. This whole process from beginning to end took about 2 months.

Masters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1 phone call interview that lasted 90 minutes. It was three short interviews with groups members from the team. The first 30 minutes was with three people and they asked the basic questions, tell me about yourself, why Kaiser and about the position. The second and third interview was about the same format and questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Kaiser?
      Why this position?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Answer Question

Senior Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

An hour long interview with the whole team (4 people), many behavioral questions (5-6) and detailed questions on resume as well, asked to demonstrate excel and writing skills. Not a bad experience tho.

Interview Questions

• Write one paragraph to explain one of your previous project   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Found jobs on the KP website and applied via the KP website. I had an initial phone interview and then had a one-on-one phone interview. Both interviews seemed kind of rushed and didn't touch on a lot of the details of the job. They were more interested in the politics and how to navigate the organization.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about how much experience I have within KP and navigating the KP politics   Answer Question

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager about a week after applying. He wanted to schedue an in-person interview for the next day (no screening). It was a panel interview with the hiring manager and several other team-adjacent personnel-- introductions and the usual interview questions.

I had the general background to do the job, but I think it was clear to everyone that I may not be a good cultural fit. At the end of the interview they said they had "no timeline" for next steps. Five weeks later I received a canned notice that someone else had been selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about wrangling someone that's hard to schedule for a meeting?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience managing project scope?   Answer Question