Kaiser Permanente Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Director Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Applied online, recieved an email for interview. Had a large panel interview with 8 people including the ED director, ED manager, 2 ANM's, 2 educators, and 2 ED SUS's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Rude interview by telephone, outside consultants involved in the process. Position posted for more than a year but not because of candidates experience, its because the outside consultant. Looking back at the situation, I think this person should have applied for the position themselves.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe experience but was interrupted, this interviewer seemed to have a chip on their shoulders, demonstrated lack of professionalism and this person could be suffering from superiority complex. The best way to describe the experience was this person was aggressive, had already developed an opinion of me before the interview took place and it happened in the first few questions. This set the tone for the rest of the interview. It seemed it was important to this outside consultant that they were in charge and it was their way or no way at all.   1 Answer

Director of Organizational Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to advocate for an interview with the hiring manager even though I was highly qualified. I got one 30 minute interview and was not passed along to the panel interview because an external candidate had move direct experience in the function.

Interview Questions

• My experience in improving employee engagement and proven outcomes.   1 Answer

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a panel interview, where they already stated that since I was an internal candidate and met the minimum requirements they "had to" interview me. They told me I was not ready in their opinion and what I should do is take a cut in pay and apply for a manager of another department to get a more well rounded resume if I intended to reapply

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Screening interview with HR, then panel interview with the heads of various departments. 4 hr panel interview filled with behavavioral type questions. Its been 2 weeks still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you successfully negotiated a win-win outcome between two departments with competing agendas and priorities regarding a significant business issue. What was your specific approach to handling this situation? Tell me about a time when you changed a person’s mind from being resistant to your idea to being supportive of your idea.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Process exceeds 3 months frequently.

The process is very generic and not very structured in nature. Interviews tend to be qualitative in nature. The decision making process on the back end is also very qualitative, even for engineers.

Don't expect a normal silicon valley type interview where you are asked questions in areas such as:
    Cognitive Ability
    Troubleshooting
    Leadership skills
    Decision Making
    Professional priority
    Communications etc etc

My advice: If you want to be successful interviewing at KP, work on your personality impact. Prepare questions for the interviewer about themselves. Show interest in the interviewer. (Make friends)

Interview Questions

• Questions are typical:
      "Tell me about a time you...",
      "Can you think of a challenge you had where...",
      "What's your worst / best experience with...".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone screening done by recruiter and then hiring manager. In person multiple panel interview, scenario presentation on employee management and improving processes. How do you deal with difficult employees, and performance management experience and what was your role and how you supported direct report.

Interview Questions

• Questions included: Your weakness and strengths, Difficult situation at work and how you death with it, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Very long process with a lot of hurdles to jump over. Almost overkill. A drug, personality and skills test for a non-operational role (i.e. backoffice Finance) does not apply for this role, but understand that this is a healthcare company.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, 3 in-person 1:1 interviews with Hiring Mgr and/or Executive level supervisors, also a panel interview with various stakeholders. The interviews were mostly conversational and not too many "gotcha" questions were asked. The process was overall pleasant though on the lengthy side - 6 weeks after submitting my resume before I got a call, and then 3 more months after that first call until the offer. Everyone involved was very professional and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What specific reports do you usually run to determine profitability and productivity in your current department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the onset my desired salary (which they ask you to specify in their initial paperwork) was higher than what they revealed was being offered for the position. When I did get the offer, I reminded them that the salary was lower than I had initially desired and they did come back with a 4% increase. That increase combined with the possible annual bonus (which is not guaranteed, and is not based on personal performance) put me in my desired range.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

The entire process took several months and involved phone calls and panel interviews. There were large periods of silence from the recruiter, and each time I began to assume they had moved me to the no longer interested pile, the recruiter would contact me and tell me they were really high on me but were bogged down with business issues. The recruiter continually gave me the impression I was their top candidate and it was only a matter of time before I heard the good news of an offer. In the end I went through a lot of effort when I believe they already knew who they were going to hire and just needed to have a complete pool of candidates for legal reasons. I had every required and preferred bullet on the position summary covered with many years of experience, but got absolutely no feedback on why I wasn't selected when I asked.