Kaiser Permanente Nursing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Duluth, GA).

Interview

It was an interesting interview I sat across from four people who had papers with scenario type questions to ask me it was a good interview but it wasn't very personal.

Interview Questions

• What current certifications do I hold.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (McLean, VA).

Interview

Met with 2 people after initial phone interview. Entire process took 6 weeks. I was recruited by a former colleague worker. When u got the job I was the only one hired for full time.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle it if a person was not helping another person with work load.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Via webex. Manager, a physician, HR rep are present during the interview. Questions were typical like why us, what can you offer, nothing clinical except for one question about prescribing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make a salary offer. Take it or leave it, no negotiations.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Applied online as an external and received an email 2 weeks later to answer some basic questions.
    Received a phone call from HR to schedule a phone interview.
    After phone interview (within 4 days) received call from Dept. Manager to have an in-person interview.
    Had my in-person interview with 2 Managers and 3 staff members, all very nice and laid-back.
    Hope to hear from them soon!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Kaiser?
      Q: What does kindness mean to you?
      Q: What are you strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Hilo, HI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online at Kaiser website, received a call from there HR department asking me to fill out a "Snap shot" pre-screen interview form, which was emailed to me. Filled out the form and emailed it back, was told that if I passed the pre-screening then my application would be forwarded to the facility that I applied for. 3 weeks later I got a call from the HR office in the facility that I applied for, and was scheduled for an interview. Arrived at the interview a little early, waited for the hiring manager then had the interview. There was 4 people conducting the interview, 2 RNs in specialty fields, the hiring manager, and the nurse manager. They have more applicants to interview so now I'm playing the waiting game...

Interview Questions

• The usual.... Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at Kaiser? How did you hear about the job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you implemented change at work?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had a bad experience with your customer/patient and how did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question
    • When is a good time to NOT be honest?   Answer Question
    • They had me rate myself from 1-10 in proficiency in different categories. (Administering medication PO or by injection, computer skills, communication skills, ability to operate machines that I use at my current job, handling emergency situations, etc...)   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Group panel interview with 30 candidates, 3 parts: introduce yourself, introduce a partner, and answer a random question on the spot. Took about 3 hours from start to finish. Offered job by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set pay scale.

OR Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I have always wanted to work for Kaiser. I finally was called to interview. I was interviewed by six people. They made me feel extremely uncomfortable. They were not welcoming at all. I have been a nurse in the operating room for eighteen years and have specialized in open heart surgery. They never even asked me a question about surgery. After that interview, I realized that Kaiser isn't somewhere I want to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to you in your home life?   Answer Question

Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was wonderful with 2 managers in the department with questions and answers from both managers and from me. It was scheduled at a time that was convenient for me which I appreciated. It turned out to be an great experience and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. was told that the amount offered was what LPNs with my experience were paid at Kaiser.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fontana, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Went through the first interview by phone, the next day I received a call from the office Director to schedule an in-person interview. 5 days later, I was in room with director and administrator. Very relaxed atmosphere, questions were asked from a bullet list and they wrote down my answers word for word. Not as bad as I would have imagined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and did not get a confirmation email back. I attempted to call HR to follow up and was told that I wasn't permitted to "cold call" unless I had a contact name. Two silent weeks went by and I was surprised, yet excited when I received a phone call to set up an interview. I was told it would be a panel interview made up of three nurse managers asking interpersonal type of questions. The interview was without a doubt difficult. Four nurse managers were present and I was told they perform behavioral based interviews. They handed me the outline of the interview so I could follow along. There were several questions with multiple parts, I felt nervous but confident with my answers. Toward the end of the interview they gave me a two part case study with a handful of written questions to be answered as well as verbal questions from the panel on what my nursing judgement would include. After the interview, I received a tour of the unit. I followed up with thank you email, but recieved a rejection phone call one week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you questioned the current practice and brought about a change to improve your team/workplace?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were unable to provide the best care for your patient. What did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question