Kaiser Permanente Physician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Physician Interview Questions

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Physician Interview

Interview

After reaching out to HR through the website, I was quickly emailed by a physician recruiter. Next steps included a phone interview with HR. She sent out my CV/cover letter to the sites I was interested in. Also required 3 letters of recommendation. I was then contacted by interested sites for a phone interview and then on-site interview. On-site interview included tour and physician interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked by the physician over phone to come and interview with them. Following the interview, there was no follow up or any response to the email or phone. Left messages for the recruiter and the physician with no response. This is unprofessional.

For another interview at Kaiser again, the physician asked if I wanted to join them after full panel interview. There was no meeting with HR on benefits. How could anyone accept offer without knowing? When I did ask questions about benefits and had them answered and then expressed interest in joining, the interviewing physician said that they offered the position to another doctor!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Kaiser Permanente does telephone screening interview first with boss and another person working position you are interviewing for. They describe job position to you and answer your questions. If they like you enough, can either proceed to skype interview or physically have you come to their onsite location where you see the boss, the person with the same position and responsibilities as you, another physician usually parallel your job, and the chief of section boss. They feed you lunch and interview lasts half a day starting in the morning.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

interviewed by 5-7 doctors. All of the doctors are very nice and questions are straight forward. No questions related medicine. Basically try to understand your living situation to help out the transition from residency program, previous working place or other states etc.

Interview Questions

• Where are you living currently ( due to estimate commuting time)?   Answer Question

Resident Physician - ENT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

initial exchange "tell us about yourself" and why you are interested in the job. Then given a mission statement about nursing in Kaiser. Asked "what does this mean to you?" Then there is a behavioral portion which examines specific aspects which I may or may not remember well.

Interview Questions

• Questions like "tell us about a time you made a mistake and how did you handle it?" Clinical knowledge" " you are about to administer a drug to pt so and so. What steps do you take?", " you are tasked with a project and not enough time to compete it on time. What do you do?",   1 Answer

i got a better offer. I did not like the office environment. The space was in a cramped closet (literally) with no windows. Question the value of the employee to the organization.

Physician Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Hiring goes through Human resources: alot of paperwork. Takes months. Eventually = Two interviews. Chief is very upbeat, and makes alot of promises, that end up unfulfilled. Interviewed by group and department administrator = vague answers.

Interview Questions

• Did not expect to be asked if I was o.k. in a system without seniority rules?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation: take it or leave it. Must sign all documents, or won't be hired, (including binding mandatory arbitration).

Physician Interview

Interview

In initial stages, you will be interviewed by the recruiter. If invited for an interview, you will interview with the chief and likely other members of the department.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward. They are getting to know you, and you are getting to know them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Had an initial interview at both facilities with both groups and was asked a lot of behavioral questions and you also took a questionnaire to see your personality type. Interview is done in a panel or group format and everyone selects a question to ask you. You are given the questions beforehand to prepare.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult patient? How did you handle a difficult situation where a patient was not satisified?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of one. HR is not transparent. My salary was not accurate. If you take a position, make sure it is one that you want to do for years beacuse if another job becomes available, you will not be considered for it except for certain conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

They are very courteous and always made sure that the interview process and my needs were taken care of. They even made accomadations for my overnight stay prior to the interview and gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions, state my concerns, and even made time for me to meet other staff members and see more than one facility. Lastly, I had the opportunity to have lunch with multiple staff getting a good vibe of their personal/professional interactions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace... have you ever had to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Meet with other colleagues that will be working with you, to determine whether there is good fit with personalities, work ethics

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Salary was standardized for position and was fair.