Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,135 Interview Reviews

2.9

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Years ago I interviewed for a psychologist position. It was worse then the horrible oral exam I went through to get my psychology license. Fortunately, oral licensing exams are gone, and horrible job interviews with Kaiser Permanente are very rare. (I passed the licensing exam because I showed great restraint. Same with the job interview.)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via e-mail with links to several problem solving/multitasking/behavioral tests. Do not shrug these off. They are crucial to the interviewing process. If you don't meet a minimum score your application will not be considered for 6 additional months. They're also intense--and take a couple hours to complete--so take them seriously. You will be required to perform logic-puzzle type questions (very similar to an IQ test), perform multitasking (this one was actually extremely challenging), and some behavioral questions. About two weeks later I was contacted by a manager for a brief chat and invited to interview. Expect a panel. 5-6 people were present at mine. The majority of the interview involved behavioral-based questions. They give you a particular scenario and frame the questions like, "tell us about a mistake you made at work and what did you do to resolve it?" or "tell us about someone you worked with and you witnessed them do something they shouldn't have, what happened and how did you act?" Also, expect a few technical questions related to your profession. If offered a position, you will be required to pass a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• You run a CBC and it has a high MCHC. What could have caused this and what would you do to resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you struggled to build a relationship with someone important. How did you eventually overcome that?   Answer Question
    • We all make mistakes we wish we could take back. Tell me about a time you wish you’d handled a situation differently with a colleague.   Answer Question

Senior E-Learning Instructional Designer With SCPMG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The first part of this process was an interview with two individuals, being called back for a 2nd interview with one of the individuals from the first interview and Kaine Kerkhoff, head of the unit. Finally, there was a 3rd interview by phone with several participants from various Kaiser Locations.

Interview Questions

• I'm concerned that being you come from West Virginia, you won't be open-minded enough for this position. Convince me that you will be open-minded enough.   1 Answer

Informatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Asked to come in about 2 weeks later. Hated the process though. No one talked to me they just placed me in a room to take an assessment that was very weird. It felt like the LSAT logic test, but programming-type questions. Weird and really complicated questions. After the test, someone just showed me out. They are very impersonal with their interview process; at least, that's the experience I had.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have a person-to-person interview, but the assessment asks math-related and programming-type questions.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harbor City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Harbor City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an email for the schedule of the group panel interview.
    The interview process was the most intense I've ever been into. There were 5 panels and 2 from HR and there were 10 applicants. After the group panel interview, they called us one by one and stated they'd let us know in a week about their decision. But I received a call same day that they have chosen me.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and why do you want to work at Kaiser   Answer Question
    • Introduce your partner and why they should hire your partner   Answer Question
    • Picking random questions from the box and citing some experiences basing from the question you've picked   Answer Question

New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The first step after the application was a phone interview with the nurse recruiter (behavioral and company based questions). Once you moved on from there the 2nd step was a 5 person panel interview (behavioral and clinical based questions).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2012.

Interview

Long and drawn out, and behavioral questions, five people asking you questions very intimidating. That is all I have to say, I worked there for 14 years after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, when you had a conflict with on of your co-workers?   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

recruitment gave me a l horrible experience. It took 2 years and half to transfer to freno/clovis, from full time to on call positon at Kaiser. I am a 10 years employee with Kaiser permanente.

Teleservice Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fairfax, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Difficult for me
    Some may find it easy
    They asked a lot of different questions and used a lot of different scenarios// they also asked a lot of personality questions// they have a typing test and as long as you know standard typing you'll be fine with that portion //and
    That's pretty much it

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview by Senior Recruiter to find out if position is a good fit. Senior Recruiter contacted Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager did a telephone interview followed by a face to face job interview. Face to face interview with Hiring Manager and Medical Director. Hiring Manager and Medical Director had cue sheets to ask questions from.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you experienced in dealing with a patient, and how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question