Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,042 Interview Reviews

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process is a pain if you are an external applicant, it takes at least 3 weeks for your background check to go through, plus the time it takes for all the paper work to go though, it can take anywhere between one month to almost two from the time you get the offer until you get hired.

Interview Questions

• One of the most interesting questions I got asked for my interview was this : If you had the person that loved you the most and that hated you the most in this room, what would they say about you?
      This question by far has been one of the most interesting and insightful questions I have ever gotten.
      Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

It consisted of an RN, 2 medical assistants, administrator and receptionist. It was great. They made me feel comfortable. Asked appropriate questions. Were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel that interviewed me and it was a behavioral interview, a lot of 'give me an example of a time when you did this or that". They all took turns asking questions. At the end they indicated they would contact me further if they decided do a 3rd interview, or just contact me in general to let me know, but I never heard back from them. I even emailed after a week went by to ask. I was ok with not moving further along in the process, but I think it was dis-respectful to not at least respond to my email letting me know they hadn't chosen me to go further.

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Years ago I interviewed for a psychologist position. It was worse then the horrible oral exam I went through to get my psychology license. Fortunately, oral licensing exams are gone, and horrible job interviews with Kaiser Permanente are very rare. (I passed the licensing exam because I showed great restraint. Same with the job interview.)

Health Educator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2 stages. in person interview. background check, phone interview with HR and manager. It was about 3 weeks long. I interviewed for per diem but got hired on full time. Also had to jump hoops with HR.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What do you do to work on being healthier? Tell us about a work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I couldn't negotiate salary with HR. I was in a unionized position. However, I am getting paid well for my position.

Clinical Sodial Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

IUpon arriving at the clinic after completing a long worksheet they told me ,,you had to be bilingual which I hadn't noticed in their ad. I had to wait at least an hour. The people were not particularly polite.

Senior Health Plan Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

initial interview was over the phone and lasted about 30 minutes. we discussed resume and work experience and issues that would arise with the position. 2nd interview was in person. more questions were asked and was a total of 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple tasks that have the same due date   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three parts. First was the initial interview with the recruiting officer. It was comprised of interview questions which are to be submitted to the supervisor of the legal department and a series of test to establish your proficiency and Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. If you pass that part your resume and application will be submitted to the supervisor in the legal department. That is when the second part I have the interview process comes in; meeting with the direct supervisor. If you are chosen beyond that interview you will then meet with whom you will be working under to see if you would fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

• How does your skill-set fit in with Kaiser Permanente?   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via e-mail with links to several problem solving/multitasking/behavioral tests. Do not shrug these off. They are crucial to the interviewing process. If you don't meet a minimum score your application will not be considered for 6 additional months. They're also intense--and take a couple hours to complete--so take them seriously. You will be required to perform logic-puzzle type questions (very similar to an IQ test), perform multitasking (this one was actually extremely challenging), and some behavioral questions. About two weeks later I was contacted by a manager for a brief chat and invited to interview. Expect a panel. 5-6 people were present at mine. The majority of the interview involved behavioral-based questions. They give you a particular scenario and frame the questions like, "tell us about a mistake you made at work and what did you do to resolve it?" or "tell us about someone you worked with and you witnessed them do something they shouldn't have, what happened and how did you act?" Also, expect a few technical questions related to your profession. If offered a position, you will be required to pass a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• You run a CBC and it has a high MCHC. What could have caused this and what would you do to resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you struggled to build a relationship with someone important. How did you eventually overcome that?   Answer Question
    • We all make mistakes we wish we could take back. Tell me about a time you wish you’d handled a situation differently with a colleague.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

was referred, went through two interviews one with the hiring manager and another with his boss 5 minutes into the second interview I was tested on my accounting knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kaiser   1 Answer