Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,038 Interview Reviews

2.9

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three parts. First was the initial interview with the recruiting officer. It was comprised of interview questions which are to be submitted to the supervisor of the legal department and a series of test to establish your proficiency and Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. If you pass that part your resume and application will be submitted to the supervisor in the legal department. That is when the second part I have the interview process comes in; meeting with the direct supervisor. If you are chosen beyond that interview you will then meet with whom you will be working under to see if you would fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

• How does your skill-set fit in with Kaiser Permanente?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had been putting in apps for Kaiser for nearly a year with no luck! I submitted myself for at least 8-10 different positions & was rejected everytime! So I was ecstatic when a friend just so happened to forward me an email for a recruiting event. I was able to RSVP the recruiter directly & she set me up with my area of interest & an appt! I was told it would be a group panel & a behavioral interview. The nurse manager & a nurse supervisor were present. I think it went well. They told me they would make a decision within 7-10 days. This site was REALLY helpful in my interview prep. I read through all the questions on here & practiced my answers; it really made a difference!

Interview Questions

• I was given a copy of the Kaiser vision/mission statement & asked for my interpretation of it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for a patient   Answer Question
    • Recall a situation where there was a miscommunication with a patient or colleague & how you handled it   Answer Question
    • List 3 personal strengths & give clinical examples of each   Answer Question
    • Talk about your most difficult clinical challenge & how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 25 other people broken into groups with two managers interviewing maybe 8-10 people at each table. They ask you all 4 questions but in different orders, they want the STAR format so make sure answers are very detailed and make sense you cant babble. Answers are scored from 1 to 4 4 being the highest, I assume they go for the people with the highest scores but that part I don't really know. Im playing the waiting game as they told us it would be 5 business days before we heard anything. But before all of this you have to take and pass a 5 part assessment that is kind of tricky but not impossible to pass.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't provide the level of customer service you would have liked   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online around mid sept got a call from a recruiter doing a phone interview she asked me couple questions just giving her my work background and experince, why do i want to work for kaiser and then said someone will be in touch with you to invite you for an in person interview. On 9/28 the RN manager from the department called me and scheduled interview on 10/03 i had 2 interviews my interview was scheduled from 10-11 am but actually took an hour in a half. I meet with the RN manger and 3 medical assistants they asked basic interview questions, work and school background, asked me to tell them about my self, i also asked them couple questions when we were done with the questions I was given a tour of the clinic and introduced to the Doctors, surgeons,MA's the same thing was done at the second interview met with other 3 MA's and given a tour and introduced to staff, the hiring RN told me that a recruiter will be contcting me withing a week(havent heard nothing yet) i also was told that since Im an external employee most likely I wont be starting till November because I have to do physical,Vaccines, and background check so she made it sound like they were offereing me the job but I havent heard back from them yet.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

The first thing was an automated email for an online personality and customer service quiz. That was followed a few weeks later by a telephone interview. After that I was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up an in person interview. A portion of the interview allowed for shadowing of a current employee, then it was followed by a panel interview comprised of managers and fellow coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to teach a patient who wasn't very receptive.   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fontana, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for Kaiser housekeeping job on Friday and got a call back that same day to schedule a phone interview.. my phone interview was Monday and everything went good and I have a group interview on Nov 21st.. i don't know what to expect on the group interview. She said that we would be put in group. Does anyone know what to expect?

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were about 20 applicants and three managers in a room. They asked us to introduce our partner (another applicant). And we had to each answer random question in front of everybody.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with approx 24 other people. We were separated into 3 groups and had two managers/supervisors per table. It is important to read the information sheet they provide in the email because they quiz you before the interview starts. Don't stress, it is actually fun and meant to loosen you up for the actual interviewing questions. Once the quiz session is over, they allow you a 10 minute break. After the break, that is when they ask you the four questions. They don't ask the same question back to back, instead the rotate the questions between the people at the table. But you will have answered all four questions by the time they are finished. Try to keep your answers short but concise, they stress this. After that, they wait until all the groups are finished and then you are free to go.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Describe at time when you did not provide the best customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview. 3 groups. 12 people per group. 2 managers at each table. They go around the table... Everyone is asked the same 4 questions in different orders. Don't ramble. Be brief and confident. You'll have time to think of your answers while others are talking. Was offered the job within 2 days after the interview but declined due to the location of the call center. Online job post stated it would be in Buckhead, found out at interview it would be all the way in Gwinnett. No deal. Pay rate offered was great, and well above offers I received at other healthcare organaiztoons in the city. Would consider applying again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt you did not deliver good customer service.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone call, 2 hour interview. Very basic. The interview wasn't too hard. They focused more on your personality and whether or not you're a good fit for the company. Got offer within a week. HR took forever to get my documentation going.