Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,104 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview, followed by an in-person interview, followed by a telephone interview with a group. The in-person interview was here in the Denver area.

Interview Questions

• General background
      Tool familiarity
      What you're looking for
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Had two phone calls from the manager, took an online assessment and went in for an on-site a week later. It was a panel interview and everyone was friendly. Manager said I should hear back in a week. Over 4 weeks, I sent two emails to check in. Never heard back and got a generic automated email saying the position was cancelled.

I spent hours for those interviews and they couldn’t spend a minute to contact me directly to let me know the job was cancelled.

New Grad RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

First was the application, then an email stating I've been selected and there will be phone interviews done during specific days and times and to keep that time open. The phone interview was roughly ten minutes. Very friendly easy going staff. Then they called the next day to schedule the second interview in person. This interview included seven managers, a director, and an educator. Not all questions were behavioral and the director was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made an error and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • What are your short and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are the things you don't like or find challenging about nursing and what is something you like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you did not follow an order or did something to stand up for a patient or client or questioned the doctor.   Answer Question
    • How do you view the role of the nurse?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None yet

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I got a call to answer a couple brief questions. she said will call me back if I am suitable for the position. I did not get a call back. The phone call lasted 10 minutes only.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 7 other people interviewing for a job. We had to sit in alphabet order. There was four interviewers. We went around the whole table and introduce ourselves. Then we had to pair up and ask or partner what customer service skills/jobs have they had, and then present them to the room. We then had two out three questions that were written on the board out loud one by one. Why do we want to work at a call center? How do we handle stress? Lastly we were asked four questions by the interviewers one by one. One question at a time. We were all asked the same questions. Why should we hire?

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Describe a time when you delivered customer service that you were not satisfied with.
      Why do you want to work at a call center?
      Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October for the new grad program but didn't hear back till the 2nd week of December. I got an email saying that I was selected for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes (4 questions) and I got a call back the next day that I was going in for the second round which was the panel interview (lasted about 45 minutes). Panel interview was with 9 nurse managers from the Medical-Surgical team. The nurse managers were so awesome and nice about the entire process. I've never felt such a welcoming feeling in a nursing interview (and this was with 9 people!!!!!). After my panel interview, I got a call and an email that I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient/family member and how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • When have you made a mistake and how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had to do a research and what'd you learn?   Answer Question

Clais Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was with the manager of the department at the time. He was really down to earth and made the interview process like a conversation rather than being intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Kaiser Permanente?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (McLean, VA).

Interview

Met with 2 people after initial phone interview. Entire process took 6 weeks. I was recruited by a former colleague worker. When u got the job I was the only one hired for full time.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle it if a person was not helping another person with work load.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

You sit down with a panel of kaiser professionals, they fire off situational interview questions. I wasn't hired, they took 6 weeks to tell me I didn't get the job which I felt was unprofessional i was invited to interview by they director of the department and was one of two OT's they were considering and have 16 years experience. They told me I didn't have enough experience. Never again will I bother with a kaiser position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Senior Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job on January 9, 2017 and received an email from the hiring manager on January 11th for a 60-minute phone interview. I was offered several time slots, but I chose the last time/date to get a better feel of what my competition was like. The interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours and the questions were pretty straightforward. The hiring manager was pretty friendly, and she said she would be in contact with me to schedule a panel interview within the week. I will update this thread if I hear back from them. I also mentioned that I had one other SOLID offer on the table.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to leave my current position?   Answer Question
    • What reports I was directly responsible for, and their frequency?   Answer Question
    • My ideal work environment/setting and preferred management style?   Answer Question