Cover image for Kaiser Permanente

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaiser Permanente Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 2.0K interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in Mar 2020

Interview

I received an interview couple weeks after I applied. It was a behavioral and situational interview. They called me back the day after the interview and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
  • What does our mission statement mean to you in your own words?
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult patient?
  • What are your 3 greatest strengths?

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2019

Interview

Group interview with more than twenty people. There were a panel of interviewers too. Each one were asked the same questions. You sort of have to out do each other with looking like you are. Then later on, you pick a question from a basket then you it. Almost like a miss universe question and answer portion. Then the process if elimination happens, then you have a one to one interview with the panel.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Kaiser Permanente

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2018

Interview

Applied online and I was contacted by the Hiring Manager a month later. Following a phone interview, I was asked to come in for a panel interview. My references were contacted a few days later and then I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your background.
  • How did you apply change in your workplace? What was the outcome?
  • What trait do you have that you feel would be beneficial to Kaiser?
  • Tell me a time you weny above and beyond your job.
  • Tell me how you've dealt with negativity in your workplace and how did you handle it?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Ontario, CA) in May 2016

Interview

Applied online at Kaiser website, received a call from there HR department asking me to fill out a "Snap shot" pre-screen interview form, which was emailed to me. Filled out the form and emailed it back, was told that if I passed the pre-screening then my application would be forwarded to the facility that I applied for. 3 weeks later I got a call from the HR office in the facility that I applied for, and was scheduled for an interview. Arrived at the interview a little early, waited for the hiring manager then had the interview. There was 4 people conducting the interview, 2 RNs in specialty fields, the hiring manager, and the nurse manager. They have more applicants to interview so now I'm playing the waiting game...

Interview Questions
  • The usual.... Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at Kaiser? How did you hear about the job?
  • Tell us about a time where you implemented change at work?
  • Explain a time where you had a bad experience with your customer/patient and how did you resolve this issue?
  • When is a good time to NOT be honest?
  • They had me rate myself from 1-10 in proficiency in different categories. (Administering medication PO or by injection, computer skills, communication skills, ability to operate machines that I use at my current job, handling emergency situations, etc...)
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

board of 3 people. asked what you would do in different scenarios. asked about any experience and specify your duties at each job. asked why i believe i should be offered the job at kaiser permanente.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if someone called reporting chest pains?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Hilo, HI)

Interview

I applied for the position online, and a couple of days later I got an email for an assessment test to take online. The test is timed. After that, I got a call the same day for an interview that would be scheduled for a week later. The interview lasted about one hour, I had a panel of five people (some are nurses and others professions) ask me questions about past job experiences. The basic interview questions that many jobs ask. KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY PAST AND PRESENT! THEY LOVE THAT. I believe that set me above all the rest of the candidates and sealed the deal for me! They also asked me clinical situational questions. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of how to do the procedures that match the job description. Make the interview not to be an “interview”. Act like you interviewing them. Be confident going in, and don’t let them know you are shaking in your boots. Just think, it’s now or never. Relax, laugh, smile, and have FUN, and act INTERESTED in the panel and the company as if you known them for years. I knew that same day I had the job but needed confirmation first. Less than a week later I got the call that I got the job, and an offer was made to me, but I needed to pass the background check first. The background check took about a week and a half to complete. The whole process took about one month. Your salary is based upon your years of experience as a LPN in general.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle a disagreement with someone from another discipline?
  • Tell me about yourself
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Leandro, CA)

Interview

Received initial phone call 2 weeks after application and online assessment. Had to do an interview with panel of 4 people. Asked questions about how i handled my previous jobs. Challenging but required a lot of thought.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Denver, CO) in May 2014

Interview

After applying for a job position online through their career section on their website, I was contacted by the regional HR director 3 months later to join a group interview. It was scheduled about a month out from the invite. When I arrived there were a panel of 8 Kaiser directors from various departments. Everyone filed in and picked their own seats. The lead of the panel then asked all nurses RN and LPNs to line up and order themselves in alphabetical order. After being in line we were then assigned to the partner next to us for the next interview step. We were then asked to obtain information from our partner: name, title, work experience, education, where they currently work, why they want to change jobs, and why they would be a good candidate for a position a Kaiser. After we had a few minutes to chat we then had to present our partner to the panel. After that we had a small break and were given a sheet with several questions. We were to pick one and tell our answer to the group. After everyone answered their questions we were given the opportunity to ask our own. They then said someone may contact us for further interviews if they feel like we are good candidates to move on.

Interview Questions
  • EXAMPLE QUESTIONS: Describe an episode when you had to deal with an angry or upset patient/ customer. What are some steps you have used to raise the level of service on your unit? Tell me about when you received developmental feedback. Tell me about a time when you dealt with people from different backgrounds. How does your personality change under stress? Describe the most difficult decision you ever had to make. Do anticipate problems or do you react to them? Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with what you were doing.
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2012

Interview

The interview process is a panel interview with a lot of "tell me about a time when" questions. Be prepared to answer nursing questions like, the patient is upset but there is an emergency, how do you handle questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you experienced difficulty with a coworker and how did you handle it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in Oct 2009

Interview

Straightforward. Relaxed interview. Hiring process professional. Training well-presented.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews