Kaiser Permanente Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Hilo, HI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online at Kaiser website, received a call from there HR department asking me to fill out a "Snap shot" pre-screen interview form, which was emailed to me. Filled out the form and emailed it back, was told that if I passed the pre-screening then my application would be forwarded to the facility that I applied for. 3 weeks later I got a call from the HR office in the facility that I applied for, and was scheduled for an interview. Arrived at the interview a little early, waited for the hiring manager then had the interview. There was 4 people conducting the interview, 2 RNs in specialty fields, the hiring manager, and the nurse manager. They have more applicants to interview so now I'm playing the waiting game...

Interview Questions

• The usual.... Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at Kaiser? How did you hear about the job?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time where you implemented change at work?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time where you had a bad experience with your customer/patient and how did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question
  • When is a good time to NOT be honest?   Answer Question
  • They had me rate myself from 1-10 in proficiency in different categories. (Administering medication PO or by injection, computer skills, communication skills, ability to operate machines that I use at my current job, handling emergency situations, etc...)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Leandro, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

board of 3 people. asked what you would do in different scenarios. asked about any experience and specify your duties at each job. asked why i believe i should be offered the job at kaiser permanente.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone called reporting chest pains?   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and a couple of days later I got an email for an assessment test to take online. The test is timed. After that, I got a call the same day for an interview that would be scheduled for a week later. The interview lasted about one hour, I had a panel of five people (some are nurses and others professions) ask me questions about past job experiences. The basic interview questions that many jobs ask. KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY PAST AND PRESENT! THEY LOVE THAT. I believe that set me above all the rest of the candidates and sealed the deal for me! They also asked me clinical situational questions. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of how to do the procedures that match the job description. Make the interview not to be an “interview”. Act like you interviewing them. Be confident going in, and don’t let them know you are shaking in your boots. Just think, it’s now or never. Relax, laugh, smile, and have FUN, and act INTERESTED in the panel and the company as if you known them for years. I knew that same day I had the job but needed confirmation first. Less than a week later I got the call that I got the job, and an offer was made to me, but I needed to pass the background check first. The background check took about a week and a half to complete. The whole process took about one month. Your salary is based upon your years of experience as a LPN in general.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disagreement with someone from another discipline?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. I was just happy to get the job! They look at my years of experience and went by their pay scale. My starting salary is not bad at all!

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Interview

Received initial phone call 2 weeks after application and online assessment. Had to do an interview with panel of 4 people. Asked questions about how i handled my previous jobs. Challenging but required a lot of thought.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying for a job position online through their career section on their website, I was contacted by the regional HR director 3 months later to join a group interview. It was scheduled about a month out from the invite. When I arrived there were a panel of 8 Kaiser directors from various departments. Everyone filed in and picked their own seats. The lead of the panel then asked all nurses RN and LPNs to line up and order themselves in alphabetical order. After being in line we were then assigned to the partner next to us for the next interview step.

We were then asked to obtain information from our partner: name, title, work experience, education, where they currently work, why they want to change jobs, and why they would be a good candidate for a position a Kaiser. After we had a few minutes to chat we then had to present our partner to the panel.

After that we had a small break and were given a sheet with several questions. We were to pick one and tell our answer to the group. After everyone answered their questions we were given the opportunity to ask our own. They then said someone may contact us for further interviews if they feel like we are good candidates to move on.

Interview Questions

• EXAMPLE QUESTIONS:

Describe an episode when you had to deal with an angry or upset patient/ customer.

What are some steps you have used to raise the level of service on your unit?

Tell me about when you received developmental feedback.

Tell me about a time when you dealt with people from different backgrounds.

How does your personality change under stress?

Describe the most difficult decision you ever had to make.

Do anticipate problems or do you react to them?

Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with what you were doing.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process is a panel interview with a lot of "tell me about a time when" questions. Be prepared to answer nursing questions like, the patient is upset but there is an emergency, how do you handle questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced difficulty with a coworker and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Straightforward. Relaxed interview. Hiring process professional. Training well-presented.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer made. It was made clear that the offer had no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Seattle, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

One interview, usual process.

Negotiation

Make sure you get the best salary because you WILL Earn it!

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Springfield, VA) in September 2008.

Interview

I had been a member of Kaiser when I was younger, and I though that working with those who took care of me would be great. I got to tour the floor in which I would be hired for. I got to meet the nurses and doctors. They welcomed me with open arms. The Clicnical coordinator who interview me was very profession al and gave me a complete run down on what to expect in the position. She was impressed with my skills and offered, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation with an irrate patient?   Answer Question