Cover image for Kaiser Permanente

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaiser Permanente Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 2.1K interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente

Interview

First was a phone call with hiring manager. After that I went in for two separate panel interviews. One was front line staff the other was the leadership team this manager would work with. followed by a panel interview

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions: tell us about a time you had to deal with a problem you had never encountered before. Tell us about your leadership style.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview went very well. They were awesomely professional. I was very please with there performance. They question was clear and to the point. They were very knowledgeable. I felt the interview went great.

Interview Questions
  • How do you treat customer's that are not happy with a service.

What people are saying about Kaiser Permanente

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

75.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Kaiser Permanente~19466
Join the conversation on

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente

Interview

It’s a behavioral interview focused on times you’ve done tasks or dealt with situations They may ask for three examples. And ask you what you would do differently now that you’ve had the experience

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to work with ambiguity

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in Jan 2020

Interview

I received a phone call from the KP recruiter within an hour after applying, which obviously showed great interest on KP's part but unfortunately it seems their main concern is not someone's experience or past KP experience but whether or not you pass some ridiculous, outdated, technically flawed assessment. All went well until I had to take the online assessment, which was completely flawed with technical glitches. As a former KP employee of over 10 years, one would think that KP would value their past employees, especially those who were laid off due to budget reasons, but it seems a flawed assessment holds more weight than someone's actual KP experience. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • Personality, reasoning, and situational questions from the online assessment.

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente

Interview

The interview was not very organized, it seemed like social conversation rather than an interview. The interview only consisted of approximately five questions, they were interested in my personality and didn't focus a lot on experience.

Interview Questions
  • What projects have you done to help improve things in your last role?
2 people found this interview helpful

Kaiser Permanente

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in Feb 2018

Interview

Contacted by 3rd-party firm that said my experience would be a great fit. After working with the 3rd-party we identified that their target salary was well below my target, but the 3rd-party identified he was able to get them to increase their range and arranged a phone interview. The phone Interview with the direct supervisor went well - focused on past experience, complexities of environment at Kaiser and how my past experience is applicable, familiarity with Kaiser, and why looking for this position. The interviewer also wanted to get to know me as a person and my style as well, which was awesome! Within a few days the 3rd-party identified that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview, which would be arranged directly through Kaiser. The interview consisted of 2 separate panel interviews - one with staff-level & manager-level peers and the other with management/leadership - over the phone. The interview with the peers went ok, however they were not very engaging and the overall vibe I got was not friendly (more like why are you here?), excluding one team member. The questions asked by peers were focused on previous experience in working with teams, working offsite/remote, and past project experiences. The second interview (with management/leadership) went well. In general, management shared their vision for the team and how they want the candidate to fit in. The questions asked focused on experience managing staff, performing projects, challenged and how they were overcome, adding value, leadership, and communication. Within a day or two was contacted by HR and provided an offer that was significantly lower than what I was making and what was discussed. I did not decline the offer, only acknowledged that an offer was made. I spoke with the 3rd-party and he was also upset and said he would find out. Ultimately, it appears that they decided they had some limits based on making sure people are being paid same amounts for same positions and also they wanted to fill the lower position. I declined the offer and the counter offers made. I feel like it was deceptive and waste of my time as I was very clear about salary expectations upfront and had received multiple offers well within and exceeding my salary expectations. I don’t believe this is a good practice to advertise for one position to draw people in and switch to another position without clearly discussing with the candidate. I am not sure if this is an issue with Kaiser or just within the specific area the job was in, but I reluctantly have a less favorable opinion about Kaiser now than I did when I was pursuing the opportunity.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Kaiser Permanente

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente

Interview

The whole process is very lengthy, spread out over 2 months with very poor communication with the candidate. I had to email the HR representative for follow up. This lack of professionalism was frustrating.

Interview Questions
  • They gave me 4 case studies with poor formatting for review in 45 minutes with no guidance regarding what was expected upon completion of the review

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rockville, MD) in May 2017

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter in HR four weeks after I submitted an online application. The recruiter asked if I was still interested in the position. We then set a date and time for the call. The same person called to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2017

Interview

first interview was from hr. focused on behavioral strengths, weaknesses. second interview was on sit in person. Asked spontaneous question on where i saw myself in the future. then asked about problems faced in the organization and quick first hand solutions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

After a phone screen with the in-house recruiter, I met with the hiring manager and someone deeply familiar with the role. Within a couple of days I met with another key executive. Then a few business partners in a series of 1-on-1 interviews. The first few interviews were a mix of behavior-based and ''how would you..." questions. Later interviews were conversational, seemed more like vetting me, influencing me with their interests and helping me get a sense of key stakeholders, which was welcome and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach the areas where you had less/no expertise?
1 person found this interview helpful