Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2017

153 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Got called about the position, and got the job offer in 36 hours! Incredible turn around! There were two interviews, one behavioral over the phone and one panel. Most of the questions were general behavior questions. I had to do my panel over WebEx since I was still in university, but they were very understanding and cooperative.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very prompt & precise. The turn around was 4 days.
    The experience was very pleasant.
    The interview environment was relaxed.
    The questions asked were very rekevant and the interviewer attitude was very encouraging and friendly.

Procurement Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A few days later, I received an email stating they would like to schedule a phone interview. After scheduling the interview, they called me on-time the day of the meeting. We talked for about 15 minutes and the interviewer answered all of my questions. I was told if I was not going to move onto the next phase of the hiring process, I would receive notification by the end of the week. It was an average interview; short and informative.
    I have been on other interviews for different positions. All of them are about the same. Kaiser is on-time with their meetings/appointments and very professional. Listen carefully to the questions they ask, so your answer cover everything they asked. Have questions to ask them about the position! Dress in comfortable casual business attire.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?
      What are your short term and long term goals?
      Are you aware that is is an exempt position?
      How do you rank yourself with customer service?
      What are you stongest skills when it comes to customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

applied in April didn't receive callback until June
    group panel interview
    not every professional or inviting
    long wait time
    process was overwhelming
    they were 30 minutes late
    interview didnt last long
    more of a casual conversation

Interview Questions

• The questions were all over the place nothing to do with actual job title   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Group of staff and Manager interviewing me at the same time. The format was round table questions; open forum; back and forth interview; I interview them as well as them interviewing me. Interview was comfortsble and somewhat formal. Atmosphere was congenial. Everyone seemed nice. Timeline to start was desired to be within next the following month.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone screening done by recruiter and then hiring manager. In person multiple panel interview, scenario presentation on employee management and improving processes. How do you deal with difficult employees, and performance management experience and what was your role and how you supported direct report.

Interview Questions

• Questions included: Your weakness and strengths, Difficult situation at work and how you death with it, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Survey Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Responded to a posting on Facebook by an alumnus of my school and was leaving the position. She asked for my resume and a cover letter, 2 weeks later contacted me about an on-site interview. First interviewed with the manager; very casual and friendly. Then took an assessment, ~1 hour, then had a panel interview, about 1 hour. One member on the panel in particular was very unprofessional, made a lot of unnecessary comments, and overall seemed suspicious of me, for some reason. One of my worst interview experiences ever.

Operations Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring manager followed by and in-person panel with 3 managers. Final interview with senior manager in person. The panel interview was the longest (about 1.5 hours) and I was asked a lot of different scenario questions. I was also asked to complete a skills assessment online. All my references were called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you encountered an ethical dilemma at work and how you responded.   Answer Question

$$ wise the offer was lower than what I was currently making and I received a significantly higher offer elsewhere.

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email to coordinate scheduling the following interviews - STEP 1: brief phone interview with a recruiter STEP 2: face-to-face interview with the hiring manager STEP 3: Two additional panel interviews and an interview with the department lead.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kaiser Permanente? What do you know about the organization?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen with the in-house recruiter, I met with the hiring manager and someone deeply familiar with the role. Within a couple of days I met with another key executive. Then a few business partners in a series of 1-on-1 interviews. The first few interviews were a mix of behavior-based and ''how would you..." questions. Later interviews were conversational, seemed more like vetting me, influencing me with their interests and helping me get a sense of key stakeholders, which was welcome and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the areas where you had less/no expertise?   1 Answer