Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got called in for an interview for the Oakland location it was with the pharmacy manager and a hiring manager. Overall the questions were as expected (scenerio questions) and also after the verbal was a hands on counting cash in a cash register. You had to make the register balance out to an exact $200 I was not expecting that at all. Other then that it was ok. I got a call back the same day and got offered the job!

Interview Questions

• 1)If you had an irate customer upset how would you deal with him?
      2) how would you describe your former manager?
      3) if your manager could improve you on something what would that be?   1 Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was pretty lay back. I have interviewed with the pharmacy managers as well as some of the clinical pharmacists. They didn't even ask me any clinical questions. Basically, they just asked me about my past pharmacy experiences and some of the standard questions

Finance Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

2 - Interview Process

First Interview was a phone call without any notice. She asked basic behavioral questions.
    Second Interview was a panel interview with three different directors that work in the Finance department. This interview had both behavioral and technical questions broken down into small case situations.

Interview Questions

• When looking at risks associated with a major transaction, what are your steps in prioritizing the basic structure to mitigating the risk?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Very long process with a lot of hurdles to jump over. Almost overkill. A drug, personality and skills test for a non-operational role (i.e. backoffice Finance) does not apply for this role, but understand that this is a healthcare company.

Psychology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very slow. 3-6 weeks between interviews. Started with a phone interview out of the blue. Then contacted again 6 weeks later for initial in-person interview. Then second interview. Then it took months till I heard anything. The process was pleasant other than the awkwardness of having to wait so long.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview (I was not invited back for an in-person interview).

Scheduling the phone interview was more difficult than it should have been. The recruiter must have been extremely busy, as it took him a week to get back to me after our initial introductory emails. Once we settled on a date and time for the phone interview, I waited anxiously by the phone, but he never called. It took another two weeks for us to finally connect on the phone.

The interview itself was fine; the questions were as one would expect, and lasted maybe half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions: Why are you looking to leave your current position? What type of computer programs do you currently use?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied it through recruiting agency (This is a temp to permanent position). The whole process was really fast. I applied on Tuesday (The beginning of December 2015). Then, the next day, my recruiter called me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager on Wednesday. At the end of phone interview, the hiring manager invited me for an on-site interview for the following Wednesday. In addition, I am also required to bring a writing sample to my interview. After two weeks of the interview (due to Christmas and New Year's holidays). I got an offer from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your strength and weakness?
      Q: Why are you interested in this job ?
      Q: Have you experienced any challenging situation? How did you deal with it?
      Q: how is your organizational skills?   Answer Question

Lead Project Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend already on the team. Completed a phone screen, then put together a business case. Wasn't a strong fit for the first role and was 'on hold' for 5 months before receiving a call back to interview for a more aligned role. Was a stronger fit there, and after two conversational interviews with two VPs, received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of Kaiser Permanente?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you managed a group of diverse stakeholders with many competing priorities.   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone, panel. one on one. Very conversational. They wanted to find a "good fit" with team. Were very encouraging through the process. They made me feel very comfortable - I could tel ltheywere asking questions from a standard list.

Administrative Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Just like any other Kaiser job interview the most difficult questions are the only thing that'll make me nervous but overall yeah depends on who you get to interview if their laid back then it should be cooJust like any other Kaiser job interview the most difficult questions are the only thing that'll make me nervous but overall yeah depends on who you get to interview if their laid back then it should be coo