Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a 4 minute security check point for identification verification at a self service kiosk and attending officer, one hour question and answer interview with two department hiring managers and a facility tour immediately followed by an one hour grammatical and written test about case scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize your day to day case loads?   1 Answer

Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a WebEx interview with the respective heads of the project. The first interview consisted mostly of background and personality questions. These tested temperament and working style. There were also some questions regarding my relevant experience. The second interview was also online. These focused more on the specific project for which I was applying. They were looking for some level of product research/knowledge applicable to the project. They also wanted to know what I wanted out of the experience.

Interview Questions

• How you would bring a non-participating colleague into the fold?   Answer Question

Enterprise Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring in-charge was also an architect in the team. I had applied for the post of enterprise data architect. The recruiter at KP had passed my resume to this hiring in-charge. He did a telephonic interview for over an hour two days earlier. After the telephonic interview, he called me and asked whether I am available for an interview at Pleasanton, CA. I shared I can make myself available the next week. He urged me to come the day after since they wanted to finalize the candidate.
    I went there and there was no list of interviewers to start with. The guy who called me started the interview process and started asking me about preparing solution design document and application design. I was surprised but answered them well as I have considerable experience in SDD. Three more interviewers spoke with me and all of them clearly had no interest in doing the interview. One interviewer was very busy looking at his emails behind the monitor. Only one thing brought me a surprise "Your resume sounds more suitable for another opening we have for enterprise data architect" and I said, "Am I not here for that post?"
    There was either a chaos or I was a victim of the quota system. In a quota system, the panel has to interview a minimum of 5 people but the panel has already decided the candidate and needs 4 guinea pigs to meet the quota.

Interview Questions

• Solution design document features   1 Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a total of 4 interviews. The first one was a screening interview by the manager, where he asked about my background, the usual "get to know you" interview. The next interview was to see what skills I have, such as Microsoft Project, Excel, my presentation skills, etc. I was asked about my projects and past work experience to see how relevant they were to this position. The third interview was about cultural fit. I was asked about my personality, if I did better with big groups, small groups, or alone. By the time you hit the fourth interview, you are said to be qualified for the position, but now they want to know if the position is a good fit for you. I was asked about what I wanted to get out of the job, what skills I wanted to improve on, what my long term and short term goals were. Overall it wasn't too hard as long as you are able to answer the standard questions for an analyst position. I was told my role on the team would be to be emphasized on data analytics over actual business operations but my interviews were still pretty standard. Make sure you ask them questions too, because they leave A LOT of time for that sometimes, so if your interview gets cut too short because you didn't ask more than 1 question, that can be bad

Interview Questions

• How would you delegate work to others?
      What do you wish to improve from this job?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Process exceeds 3 months frequently.

The process is very generic and not very structured in nature. Interviews tend to be qualitative in nature. The decision making process on the back end is also very qualitative, even for engineers.

Don't expect a normal silicon valley type interview where you are asked questions in areas such as:
    Cognitive Ability
    Troubleshooting
    Leadership skills
    Decision Making
    Professional priority
    Communications etc etc

My advice: If you want to be successful interviewing at KP, work on your personality impact. Prepare questions for the interviewer about themselves. Show interest in the interviewer. (Make friends)

Interview Questions

• Questions are typical:
      "Tell me about a time you...",
      "Can you think of a challenge you had where...",
      "What's your worst / best experience with...".   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Took roughly 1-2 months to get back to you via email. Then scheduled an on-site interview. They walk me around the campus and interviewed me for 30 mins. 2 managers interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about myself and where I want to be. Gave a problem what the company is trying to solve and implement, then they asked for suggestions to solve that problem.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process that moves fairly slow. First a brief conversation with staffing agency followed by a detailed phone conversation and culminating with a final interview. Started out as a critical immediate requirement, however the start date kept getting pushed for one reason or another. I started nine weeks later than the original proposed start date.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Q&A on background and project experience. Hiring manager very tactical in focus.   Answer Question

QA Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Good. You can crack it if you can answer the basic questions. So best be prepared to answer the basic stuff. Good. You can crack it if you can answer the basic questions. So best be prepared to answer the basic stuff.Good. You can crack it if you can answer the basic questions. So best be prepared to answer the basic stuff.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very process driven recruitment, I knew exactly what to expect. I was interviewed by the department head who immediately put me at my ease and mainly asked me questions about my prior experience. The interview was conversational and stress-free.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and questions directly related to experience as detailed in the CV.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone with a Manager who was very pleasant and personable. She was looking to an assistant to one of the directors and had experience reporting directly to officers of the company, which I had. She was very satisfied with my responses and indicated she would be in touch within a few days.

Interview Questions

• My role as an executive assistant   1 Answer