Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.9

RN Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with panel. Usual screening interview to find out more about me and why I was interested in the job.
    2nd interview in person with panel. More extensive interview with specific questions to learn more about critical thinking skills, problem solving, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Kaiser?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you thought outside the box to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had a conflict at work and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with a process and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager about a week after applying. He wanted to schedue an in-person interview for the next day (no screening). It was a panel interview with the hiring manager and several other team-adjacent personnel-- introductions and the usual interview questions.

I had the general background to do the job, but I think it was clear to everyone that I may not be a good cultural fit. At the end of the interview they said they had "no timeline" for next steps. Five weeks later I received a canned notice that someone else had been selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about wrangling someone that's hard to schedule for a meeting?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience managing project scope?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, received an email back about a week later asking me to fill out a personality questionnaire, wrote about 2 full pages in response and sent it in. A few days later I was contacted by the underwriting department to set up an interview. I had 3 interviews, mostly personality and experience questions as they did not expect me to know much about underwriting. Received an offer but decided to go in another direction. Positive experience overall, very nice and helpful and understanding people.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5 other candidates being interviewed by a panel of two. The interviewers had two full pages of questions to ask you and they pick on the candidates to answer and you just answer after the other. They ask a lot about your experience with a call center and the variety of duties that you performed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kaiser Permanente?   1 Answer

Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Via webex. Manager, a physician, HR rep are present during the interview. Questions were typical like why us, what can you offer, nothing clinical except for one question about prescribing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make a salary offer. Take it or leave it, no negotiations.

RN Float Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 nurse's asking the questions. I felt very comfortable. They each took turns asking me questions relating to how I handle a variety of situations and then asked me in the end if I had any questions... I thought up, rather quickly, 3 good questions to ask them. I was told they had a few more to interview so I would know by next Tuesday... That's a week from today... I will check back when I hear something... I hope to hear good news!!!

Interview Questions

• When have I experienced a failure and what did I do about it and what did I learn?
      When I notice a coworker isn't performing a task up to training what do I do about it?
      Name a time I had a difficult patient and/or family, what happened and what did I do about it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online not long before the application deadline. A week later, I sent messages to the recruiters on LinkedIn. A few days after that, I received a call from a recruiter (that I had not messaged) to set up an interview. I interviewed the following week. A few hours after the interview I got a call that I got that job. Work started about 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• For a communications related role... How do you go about finding content for sharing on social media platforms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

First they start with a phone interview, then if they like you, they'll call you to schedule an in person interview. At the in person interview it could be panel, one on one, or a group interview--it's based on the position and dept you'd be working with. A lot of behavioral questions are asked.

Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was wonderful with 2 managers in the department with questions and answers from both managers and from me. It was scheduled at a time that was convenient for me which I appreciated. It turned out to be an great experience and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. was told that the amount offered was what LPNs with my experience were paid at Kaiser.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Kaiser Permanente first focused on a phone interview try the HR department to begin the screening process. This interview was completely behavioral (strengths, weaknesses, etc.). Following this, there was a second round interview conducted with my manager. He asked for more specific questions about me, my prior experience, and why I would be a good fit at this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something and what you did to fix it...   Answer Question