Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RN Quality Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR).

Interview

Team interview with quality management team face to face after having HR call me and then I was given a phone interview by the hiring manager. It was a well done process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Two step interview process. The first is with HR and asks behavioral interview questions, and the second is with the department/hiring manager or a panel. The ask some behavioral questions as well as explains the work and opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a disagreement with someone you worked with and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

RN Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with panel. Usual screening interview to find out more about me and why I was interested in the job.
    2nd interview in person with panel. More extensive interview with specific questions to learn more about critical thinking skills, problem solving, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Kaiser?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you thought outside the box to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had a conflict at work and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with a process and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager about a week after applying. He wanted to schedue an in-person interview for the next day (no screening). It was a panel interview with the hiring manager and several other team-adjacent personnel-- introductions and the usual interview questions.

I had the general background to do the job, but I think it was clear to everyone that I may not be a good cultural fit. At the end of the interview they said they had "no timeline" for next steps. Five weeks later I received a canned notice that someone else had been selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about wrangling someone that's hard to schedule for a meeting?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience managing project scope?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, received an email back about a week later asking me to fill out a personality questionnaire, wrote about 2 full pages in response and sent it in. A few days later I was contacted by the underwriting department to set up an interview. I had 3 interviews, mostly personality and experience questions as they did not expect me to know much about underwriting. Received an offer but decided to go in another direction. Positive experience overall, very nice and helpful and understanding people.

Plan Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Behavioral "canned" interview. Anyone can research how to answer a behavioral type interview question to ensure the interviewer hears that you understood the problem, evaluated the options and used judgement on how to proceed as well as "what you learned" in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager...   1 Answer

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5 other candidates being interviewed by a panel of two. The interviewers had two full pages of questions to ask you and they pick on the candidates to answer and you just answer after the other. They ask a lot about your experience with a call center and the variety of duties that you performed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kaiser Permanente?   1 Answer

Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Via webex. Manager, a physician, HR rep are present during the interview. Questions were typical like why us, what can you offer, nothing clinical except for one question about prescribing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make a salary offer. Take it or leave it, no negotiations.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took about an hour and they mostly pressed upon java basics. He asked me to elaborate more on my experience and my comfort ness in various technologies. He explained to me about the project and what they do and what they are going to do.

RN Float Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 nurse's asking the questions. I felt very comfortable. They each took turns asking me questions relating to how I handle a variety of situations and then asked me in the end if I had any questions... I thought up, rather quickly, 3 good questions to ask them. I was told they had a few more to interview so I would know by next Tuesday... That's a week from today... I will check back when I hear something... I hope to hear good news!!!

Interview Questions

• When have I experienced a failure and what did I do about it and what did I learn?
      When I notice a coworker isn't performing a task up to training what do I do about it?
      Name a time I had a difficult patient and/or family, what happened and what did I do about it?   Answer Question