Kaiser Permanente Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

3.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Half day interview process. Met with 5 different people that I would be working with for about an hour each. Each one had a set of questions related to their role and the PM's interaction with that role

Interview Questions

• Was asked the old standard 'What's your greatest weakness?'   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very prompt & precise. The turn around was 4 days.
    The experience was very pleasant.
    The interview environment was relaxed.
    The questions asked were very rekevant and the interviewer attitude was very encouraging and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Upon successful completion of the online application, selected candidates will receive an email to complete a "Career Snapshot." Then KP will schedule a 1st round interview with a panel. The 2nd (usually final round of interviews) is with hiring manager and usually one other leader from the department.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job? Tell us why you would be the best candidate?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2015.

Interview

Large group interview where a box of questions was passed around. You had to select from the box and answer the question that you selected. There were three interviewers and about 20 candidates in the room being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you had to face and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

After applying for multiple jobs, I received an email to complete a questionnaire then was asked about my minimum salary to confirm because they could pay below what I listed. Then phone interview with the hiring manager and now panel interview. Odd that they don't pay for parking when you come for an interview and then have to take a writing assessment. Crazy...

pay was so low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Screening interview with HR, then 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then panel interview with the dept. Both intertviews asked behavavioral type questions

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions were essentionally the same question asked but worded differently   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Kaiser is a large and (interview wise) slow moving company - I had 5 separate stages to my interview which ultimately ended with an offer extended about 3 months after the process began. So, if for financial reasons you need a job immediately, this may not be the place for you.

The interviews were 2 phone, 3 in-person, the last of which was an informal lunch. The questions were fairly standard about past experience, how have you dealt with challenges, give examples of past experience and what you learned etc.

There was also a fairly standard business writing test administered during one of the onsite meetings - It took about 30Min.

Interview Questions

• I was changing job focus from one focus to Project Management - Explaining why I was interested in project management and how it would be a fit long term was difficult. Especially because it is a wide open question that forces you to be descriptive yet to the point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple, quick and relaxing. Conducted in the hiring manager's office, with only two people conducted the interview, then presented offer the next day. It depends on who you interview with, I guess.

Interview Questions

• what you have done, what's your strength, weakness, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't just focus on the experience and the job itself, check out the culture, the personality of the managers you are going to work for. If you are not a native English speaker, ask questions if your English language skills can be a concern - it is an environment that expects perfect English writing skills - perfect words, grammar, spelling, sentences, etc. So check out the communication skill requirements/expectation with the hiring manager and his managers if your English is not as good as the native speakers.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was interviewed for one position with the supervisor and director. I then was called back in for another position with the supervisor, director, and 2 co-workers. They all had questions for me, related to the current position and my past positions. Very friendly and informed.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss any negative experience with a past co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate an additional $3000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume to employee referral, had a phone interview with the dept manager, then had to apply on the company website. Onsite 1st interview with 4 people individually, then came back for a second interview with manager and director. After getting the offer, had to complete drug test within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled ambiguity in the past and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question