Kaiser Permanente Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very prompt & precise. The turn around was 4 days.
The experience was very pleasant.
The interview environment was relaxed.
The questions asked were very rekevant and the interviewer attitude was very encouraging and friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2015.

Interview

Large group interview where a box of questions was passed around. You had to select from the box and answer the question that you selected. There were three interviewers and about 20 candidates in the room being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you had to face and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

After applying for multiple jobs, I received an email to complete a questionnaire then was asked about my minimum salary to confirm because they could pay below what I listed. Then phone interview with the hiring manager and now panel interview. Odd that they don't pay for parking when you come for an interview and then have to take a writing assessment. Crazy...

pay was so low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Screening interview with HR, then 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then panel interview with the dept. Both intertviews asked behavavioral type questions

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions were essentionally the same question asked but worded differently   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Kaiser is a large and (interview wise) slow moving company - I had 5 separate stages to my interview which ultimately ended with an offer extended about 3 months after the process began. So, if for financial reasons you need a job immediately, this may not be the place for you.

The interviews were 2 phone, 3 in-person, the last of which was an informal lunch. The questions were fairly standard about past experience, how have you dealt with challenges, give examples of past experience and what you learned etc.

There was also a fairly standard business writing test administered during one of the onsite meetings - It took about 30Min.

Interview Questions

• I was changing job focus from one focus to Project Management - Explaining why I was interested in project management and how it would be a fit long term was difficult. Especially because it is a wide open question that forces you to be descriptive yet to the point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple, quick and relaxing. Conducted in the hiring manager's office, with only two people conducted the interview, then presented offer the next day. It depends on who you interview with, I guess.

Interview Questions

• what you have done, what's your strength, weakness, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't just focus on the experience and the job itself, check out the culture, the personality of the managers you are going to work for. If you are not a native English speaker, ask questions if your English language skills can be a concern - it is an environment that expects perfect English writing skills - perfect words, grammar, spelling, sentences, etc. So check out the communication skill requirements/expectation with the hiring manager and his managers if your English is not as good as the native speakers.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was interviewed for one position with the supervisor and director. I then was called back in for another position with the supervisor, director, and 2 co-workers. They all had questions for me, related to the current position and my past positions. Very friendly and informed.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss any negative experience with a past co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate an additional $3000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume to employee referral, had a phone interview with the dept manager, then had to apply on the company website. Onsite 1st interview with 4 people individually, then came back for a second interview with manager and director. After getting the offer, had to complete drug test within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled ambiguity in the past and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Burbank, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Before the initial interview, I was given a pre-screen questionnaire to fill out. After sending that back to the recruiter, I got a call for an in-person interview.

Overall the interviewers were very professional and cordial. Interview questions included a little background about what I currently do (to see how well of a fit i would be in the open position) -- work experience and projects. Group/panel interview questions were more behavioral type questions : "what would you do in this situation..." / "how would you feel if this happened.." "what can kind of contribution can you bring with you if you were hired..."

The wait in between interviews were long --- at least 2 weeks in between interviews.
    Hiring manager was apologetic about the slow process. In the end upper management decided not to hire externally and I got an email from the hiring manager explaining to me what had happened. Could have gotten the job, unfortunately they decided not to hire at this time. The hiring manager was nice enough to write the letter himself and volunteered to keep my resume in case any jobs opened up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Burbank, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Manager interviewed me both on phone and in person. Focus was on my ability to understand and meet their ongoing needs. The atmosphere was corporate casual and the people seemed pleasant and welcoming. I would have loved to have worked there, as the hiring manager was very sharp and on his game.

Interview Questions

• How does your work experience qualify you for this position   1 Answer
    • What do you see as upcoming issues for this company?   1 Answer