Kaiser Permanente Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

3.1

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume to employee referral, had a phone interview with the dept manager, then had to apply on the company website. Onsite 1st interview with 4 people individually, then came back for a second interview with manager and director. After getting the offer, had to complete drug test within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled ambiguity in the past and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Burbank, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Before the initial interview, I was given a pre-screen questionnaire to fill out. After sending that back to the recruiter, I got a call for an in-person interview.

Overall the interviewers were very professional and cordial. Interview questions included a little background about what I currently do (to see how well of a fit i would be in the open position) -- work experience and projects. Group/panel interview questions were more behavioral type questions : "what would you do in this situation..." / "how would you feel if this happened.." "what can kind of contribution can you bring with you if you were hired..."

The wait in between interviews were long --- at least 2 weeks in between interviews.
    Hiring manager was apologetic about the slow process. In the end upper management decided not to hire externally and I got an email from the hiring manager explaining to me what had happened. Could have gotten the job, unfortunately they decided not to hire at this time. The hiring manager was nice enough to write the letter himself and volunteered to keep my resume in case any jobs opened up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Burbank, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Manager interviewed me both on phone and in person. Focus was on my ability to understand and meet their ongoing needs. The atmosphere was corporate casual and the people seemed pleasant and welcoming. I would have loved to have worked there, as the hiring manager was very sharp and on his game.

Interview Questions

• How does your work experience qualify you for this position   1 Answer
    • What do you see as upcoming issues for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I received a call from the office manager for the initial interview. The office manager set up a meeting with the hiring supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you were expected to act in accordance with a policy that you did not agree with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager's administrative assistant for an interview a week in advance. The interviewers consisted of four people, including a physician and an IT person. There was only this one interview, which lasted about one hour. The interviewers were all very friendly and fairly laid back. The questions they asked were very fair and typical for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about making yourself known to the other staff at this medical center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

My knowledge, personality and hard set skills were thoroughly review both via phone and in person.
    I found the people to be extremely bright and to the point.
    It seemed they had cohesive teams which gelled very nicely. The words and body language in the room indicated a true team spirit of mutual agreements and shared success together.
    The questions showed they authentically understood what they needed and weren't afraid to say 'I don't know' when necessary. Overall, although intimidating, it was great learning experience with incredible people.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact question but something to the effect of, least favorite thing about last job/boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by two panel interviews with 2 people each. One would be direct manager, others were directors/practice leader of department.

Interview Questions

• What would you say/do if the group you worked with ask you for xyz product? or Wanted to do xyz?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered, and they revised the offer. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

You don't hear form weeks after you apply. Phone interviews can be with HR or hiring manager.
    Be prepared for the slow culture, the pecking order, and everything is done by committee and not getting anything done.

Interview Questions

• What does the department do and how would you contribute to it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Was refereed by a former colleague who worked there. He helped me tweak my resume to point out the need of this employer. I can 't emphasize how important it is to modify your resume each time to point out what it is that you can provide them based on their needs and not forward a boiler plate. .He forwarded the resume to his boss. I received a call for an interview. Once I interviewed them, I submit my resume on line officially to HR.. I forwarded a thank you email after the interview which the supervisor graciously responded and said they are still in the process of making a decision. A few weeks later I received a call from HR. The HR person was not very polite. She was so rude and pushy to the point that I considered declining the offer. But my colleague reminded me that I will never see or work with that person because she is in the headquarter. And that was true. 7 years later and I am still at thee company and have never seen that person.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a project or task where you saved money for the client. provide an example and what was your role in the decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a salary. I counter offered the salary plus asked a signing bonus. Both of which was accepted. However, my salary counter offer was really not that much. It was only 2-3K more per year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I already knew the hiring manager from another Project Manager position at another company where we had worked together. I had a simple phone interview with her intially, then an in-person 1 on 1 interview with her, then a group interview with the three project managers who worked for her. The company culture seemed casual, friendly and inclusive and the project managers seemed to have a good deal of autonomy in their structure.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project situation you every encountered and how you handled it   Answer Question