Kaiser Permanente Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Duluth, GA).

Interview

It was an interesting interview I sat across from four people who had papers with scenario type questions to ask me it was a good interview but it wasn't very personal.

Interview Questions

• What current certifications do I hold.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (McLean, VA).

Interview

Met with 2 people after initial phone interview. Entire process took 6 weeks. I was recruited by a former colleague worker. When u got the job I was the only one hired for full time.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle it if a person was not helping another person with work load.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fontana, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Went through the first interview by phone, the next day I received a call from the office Director to schedule an in-person interview. 5 days later, I was in room with director and administrator. Very relaxed atmosphere, questions were asked from a bullet list and they wrote down my answers word for word. Not as bad as I would have imagined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Clackamas, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and did not get a confirmation email back. I attempted to call HR to follow up and was told that I wasn't permitted to "cold call" unless I had a contact name. Two silent weeks went by and I was surprised, yet excited when I received a phone call to set up an interview. I was told it would be a panel interview made up of three nurse managers asking interpersonal type of questions. The interview was without a doubt difficult. Four nurse managers were present and I was told they perform behavioral based interviews. They handed me the outline of the interview so I could follow along. There were several questions with multiple parts, I felt nervous but confident with my answers. Toward the end of the interview they gave me a two part case study with a handful of written questions to be answered as well as verbal questions from the panel on what my nursing judgement would include. After the interview, I received a tour of the unit. I followed up with thank you email, but recieved a rejection phone call one week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you questioned the current practice and brought about a change to improve your team/workplace?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were unable to provide the best care for your patient. What did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2016.

Interview

No organization. A total of two interviewers and four candidates. The last candidates to answer would repeat a lot of what the previous ones said. Lots of bouncing around, bouncing off answers.

Interview Questions

• If we called your current or past employer, how would they describe you?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2015.

Interview

After applying online for the San Francisco Bay Area, I heard from a recruiter in a week. She emailed me a questionaire, a pharmacology test, and a telephone link for a phone interview. After completing it, I was asked to come in for an interview. Strange concept: it was in a conference room with separate tables. Each table had a representative from each department. You go to the table in which department you interviewed for. It was like a job fair. Other applicants from different departments were interviewing at their department tables at the same time I was interviewing. It was 30 minutes. After a week, I was contacted again by nurse manager for an interview.

Interview Questions

• For phone interview: Tell me a time when you went out of your way for a patient.   Answer Question
    • For phone interview: Tell me a time when you dealt with an angry or upset patient or family member.   1 Answer
    • For in person interview: Why do you want to work for Kaiser?   Answer Question
    • For in person interview: Tell me a safety concern you addressed at work.   Answer Question
    • For in person interview: Tell me a time you showed compassionate care for a patient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview by Senior Recruiter to find out if position is a good fit. Senior Recruiter contacted Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager did a telephone interview followed by a face to face job interview. Face to face interview with Hiring Manager and Medical Director. Hiring Manager and Medical Director had cue sheets to ask questions from.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you experienced in dealing with a patient, and how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Questions/scenarios asked by 3 managers present. Scenarios presented as if you were taking a live call. Depending on your response - would escalate the scenario. Reviewed the work ethic and expectations..

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an upset mother who won't let you talk to gather information?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

They sent me an assessment with multiple math questions , after I passed the test , they called me to come in for interview after 3/4 days . I came to the interview and I had another test that had clinical questions and telemetry strip and a 12 lead elf question, after that I finally went in to be interviewed they asked multiple behavioral questions . Now I'm waiting for a response , my interview was today .

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you were doing something for a patient and it was miss understood ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't receive an offer her interview was today .

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a great experience with my one on one interview with a manager at a recent job fair the new hospital in Oakland had. I felt at ease, no intimidation, comfortable and welcomed. The recruiting staff had all been amazing and answered every question I had during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me various standard interview questions like: where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me why you want to work for Kaiser, why do you enjoy being a nurse, tell me a time when you almost made a mistake and what did you do to prevent it, have you ever had conflict with a doctor and how did you resolve it? She also asked me to simple clinical questions, nothing too hard.   Answer Question