Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.2

Clinical Trials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring process is long and cumbersome. Used a recruiter who wasn't at all familiar with the Kaiser HR system. Multiple interviews and hundreds of miles driving to and from canceled and rescheduled (Kaiser staff) interviews over a 6 week period.

Interview Questions

• Mostly flexibility and leadership questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Zero negotiation. Hard set salary plus the recruiter takes a chunk which could have gone to the boost candidate rate.

Policy and Procedure Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was only asked to participate in one interview with a two person panel. Prior to the interview I completed a writing assignment. I was offered the job right away, but the required background check delayed my start date. Overall it was a great interview experience. I would rather complete a writing assignment than do numerous job interviews.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone interview a couple weeks later. The phone interview went well and I was called for an in-person panel interview shortly after. The staff was really polite and professional. I had my interview yesterday and should hear back within a week.

Psychosocial Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with basic questions about therapy process. Asked how you look at cases and what diagnosis you may use in treatment. Asked about ability to work with different populations and confidentiality. Had vignettes and was asked to describe diagnosis and how a treatment plan would be developed- what things would need to be considered.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if someone is psychologically healthy enough to end treatment?   1 Answer

New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The first step after the application was a phone interview with the nurse recruiter (behavioral and company based questions). Once you moved on from there the 2nd step was a 5 person panel interview (behavioral and clinical based questions).

Accounting Administrative Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

This position received 750 applicants. They called me about 1 wk after applying and had me take a test online. After that, I was scheduled for my interview about 4 days later. It was a panel style interview with Managers from Nationals, Large, Phone Team & Membership Accounts. There was 4 managers and they had a 2 page sheet with about 6 questions. As soon as you answer, they start writing down everything you say, even if you ask a question like "When can I expect to hear a result", they will answer you, but not until they wrote it down first. I heard 2 days later from the recruiter that I was offered the position & I accepted. Background check took about a month, and since they have new hire training only once monthly, my start date was pushed back 2 months.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a Team Environment?
      What is a flaw that you are aware about?
      Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Positive interview experience, three administrators and one nursing student sat in and interviewed me for about half an hour. They made me feel very comfortable, and we're welcoming. I was lucky enough to be referred over by an employee, and I was one of 7 candidates for the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a conflict? And how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kaiser Permanente?   2 Answers

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application, was contacted by the recruiter to participate in a group interview. 27 people. Shared our qualifications and then answered from a list of questions to the entire group. Very different type of process. They also explained the process before we began. Questions and answers after the interview. Bring a pen and piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a co-worker?   Answer Question
    • You disagreed with your supervisor/manager? What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Aar Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very brief. Got to the point. Didn't feel uncomfortable. Very welcoming. Asked questions in a what if this happened manner, how would you handle a situation if this happened... Etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview set up by consulting agency. Recruiter contacted me and did preliminary screening. Resume submitted directly to hiring manager. After a week, hiring manager contacted recruiter to set up interview date. Interview was very informal and took about 20 minutes mostly hearing about the position. Did not ask a lot of questions. Got an offer the very next day. The background check took about 3 weeks bec they requested a thorough background check.