Kaiser Permanente Staff RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Staff RN Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaiser Permanente

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fairfax, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Open-Ended Interview Questions:

Tell me about yourself.

What are your strengths? Weaknesses?

How is your previous experience
applicable to this position?

What do you know about our organization?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Why are you interested in this job?
Why should I hire you?

How do you determine or evaluate success?

How would you describe yourself? How
would someone else describe you?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?

What was the biggest obstacle you have overcome?

What two or three things are mo
    st important to you in a job?

Describe the kind of
    relationship that should exist
    between a supervisor ?   Answer Question

Moving with the military.

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Staff RN Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Panel interview. Asked behavioral questions no patho or clinical questions. Was a little stressful because I really wanted to shine but I just answered each question as honestly as possible

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult family.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotioation but instead just questions about preferred shift, unit etc.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other nurses. It was not competitive, as we were not all vying for the same position. I found it odd, but not intimidating. I felt sometimes that others were forced to speak about more personal matters in front of the group. For example, about why the nurse was leaving her current situation. I wasn't entirely comfortable listening in.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

There are 30 candidates. The interview is 4 hours long. There are 2 parts. It is a group interview in front of a panel of clinical managers. First part they ask you basics like why you chose nursing and what unit you wanna work in. Second part, you choose a question out of a basket.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing? What's your nursing motto?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Anaheim, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Started out as a big group then it's a process of elimination. I survived til the 3rd interview of the day. Questions are easy and straight to the point but the other candidates has more experience than me being only in my 3rd yr or nursing compared to their 10-15 yrs, and other candidates has masters and some are charge nurses.

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Modesto, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was not easy to talk to an individual. hiring process is very impersonal. I felt like it took forever to hear from someone. Once I did, hear from someone it still took a really long time to hear back about a position.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience I had   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

There was quite a few group interviews. I sat in at least four group interviews. The first interview had 20 people and a panel of 6 Doctors and Nurses. It is hard to make a good first impression when there are 20 people interviewing. The worst experience ever.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Well the interview process for me was not typical. I worked a 13 week travel assignment prior to being hired so, manager already knew me, and how I worked. I think normally interviews are typical. But the manager I was hired by, left so I guess it would be different now as well because it would be a different manager. I will say though despite being a nurse for 10+ years it still took me months to find a job in Northern California.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Rafael, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The main reason I am writing this review is because after I was initially rejected as a candidate Kaiser San Rafael is so disorganized they mistakenly called me back for an interview 2 months LATER - completely forgetting (missing) that I had already be previously rejected as a candidate! They didn't even have the balls to call me back to apologize for their error.

Back in January I interviewed multiple times (for multiple RN positions) at Kaiser San Rafael. I was a travel RN for them so was able to be granted an interview just on knowing people. You still need to do a basic skills test online before you are granted an in-person interview. I interviewed 3 times! These were all panel (3 person or more) interviews with a hiring manager, RN staff, and/or nursing administrators. When I say I had multiple interviews it's not a good thing - it was a complete disorganized cluster F and a waste of my time. Kaiser San Rafael in particular is administratively extremely disorganized. Management turnover is epidemic. Managers don't even know what jobs are posted as open because position openings are entirely mitigated by a central brain in Oakland. To top it off, they disrespect candidates by dragging out the process and feel no obligation to tell candidates they will not receive an offer so basically they leave you hanging...

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to think critically or make a tough choice.
      Tell us a time when you had a difficult situation, and what you did.
      What do you do to say on top of your nursing practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harbor City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Harbor City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

many weeks phone contact with HR for documentation, arranging exams, verifying vaccinations and licensure. many errands for tests, paperwork, background check.
    then 1 group interview, offer immediately, starting a month later
    interview itself: waited 10 minutes for staff to gather. ushered into conference room. asked questions from hand-out.
    did not follow up with thank you. felt that interview went badly and did not expect offer.
    overall experience: felt like managers were just going through motions with questions, and would hire based on their feelings about personality.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions
      some specialty specific   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. compensation was much more than expected.