Kaiser Permanente Technical Applications Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Technical Applications Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Technical Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process at Kaiser Permanente IT is a very, very slow process. One who is interested in seeking employement as a FTE, should be prepared to undergo a long screening and interview process. Depending on the position, there can be as little at 3 interviews to as many as 14 interviews. I personally had 6 interviews over 8 weeks.

If you are lucky to make it through, and you are offered a position, there is a detailed background / credit check that is done. Be prepared to wait a couple of weeks to clear this process. You are also expected to do a drug test (blood and / or urine).

After this, you will be given a start date. Note that you usually start on a Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation and what did you do to overcome the difficulty?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy. I had a job and felt I was in a better position to negotiate. I was able to negotiate a higher salary (including bonus) and more vacation time.

I have heard that those that are unemployed when they are offered a job are not able to negotiate a lot.