Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Walnut Creek, CA | Glassdoor

Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Walnut Creek, CA

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with the initial screening phone call from Kaiser Human Resources. I received a phone call a few days later from the hiring manager who conducted a subsequent interview. At the end of the phone interview he said he would be on vacation for a week and that he would call me back at that time to setup an in person interview. After not hearing back from him after that week, I followed up leaving a voicemail for him to return my call me back. To date, I never did hear back from anyone at Kaiser permanente.

I was a bit disappointed that I did not get a call back informing me either way about the job opportunity. Surely, my interview time is worth the common decency of notifying their candidates that he or she did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience with managing people and budgets?   Answer Question

Manager Network Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved 2 director level and 2 peer interviews. It was all over the phone. There were a total of 4 calls where you are asked a variety of questions from peers that were technical and a very uncomfortable executive director level interview. I enjoyed all except the executive director who did a great job of making it uncomfortable and made me uneasy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if about my previous experience managing technical staff.   1 Answer

Manager of Sterile Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I Started with an interview on the phone with the Recruiter and then a phone interview with the hiring boss. Finally, I was able to interview with other managers assistant managers, and tour the facility. The phone interview was very basic to find my interest, and see if I qualified to be moved to the next level. My interview with the hiring Director lasted about an hour and was directed at behavioral questions. Finally, the panel interview included other managers, and my future assistant manager who also asked mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the Operating Room Want instrumentation but it is not sterile.   1 Answer

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was direct and quick. My Director was a rare breed - made a decision quickly and then moved fast to fill the position. Most other interviews I've heard of at Kaiser (or experienced) will drag out for extended periods, with feedback seeming to imply that many managers have trouble making decisions quickly. My Director was fantastic, definitive, and was a great person to work for.

Interview Questions

• Definition of "Critical Path" in Project Management   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was initially referred by a co-worker. I applied for the job and was eventually called in for testing. Once I passed, I was called in for an interview. Shockingly, there were only two people present for the interview - the person who would become my manager and the director. Probably a few days after the interview I was offered the position. This initial process took about two weeks, but there was a lot of back and forth about the salary so the entire process from interview to actually starting was about a month.

Interview Questions

• It's been a while, but the main ones I remember are tell us a little bit about yourself, what do you know about the department/position, How do you handle deadlines/prioritize your work, How do you handle sensitive information?...   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Asked a lot of what I i did at school. Really fun interview chatted with my about my personality. learned a lot from them. Really enjoyed my volunteer experience. Many chances for promotions such as becoming a shift leader.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had one interview. I met the entire team. Questions were related to IT.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about lab workflow and knowledge of laboratory.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I took a salary cut because IT was my career move.

IT Consultant/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

Interview process was casual and focused on the technical skills needed for the position. The hiring was protracted due to an ongoing reorg.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job verses job xyz that you would be perfect for   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations as the offer was acceptable