Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.0

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions.

Interview

Knew the hiring manager, so a quick meeting to discuss the company, benefits, and options. Later on a return visit to fill out initial paperwork and be set up with uniform and further instructions.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pocono, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Mount Pocono, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was not as intimidating as I had imagined it to be. Housekeeping was extremely busy and needed new people. I was asked a few questions as a walk in and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in housekeeping?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Sandusky, OH).

Interview

Phone interview with the corporate HR recruiter. Then phone interview with the corporate assistant director and then onsite. Was never told about the turmoil in the department, the turnover and the fact that the corporate assistant director was quitting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered below standard wages and benefits for a manager level position. Countered offered and had to wait almost a week as they had to negotiate with the owners son to get approval. One week vacation was offered and went back after more. Everything had to be approved by the owners.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocono Manor, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Pocono Manor, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Extremely easy. Very laid back. Small office. One lady interviewed me. Very straightforward easy questions. What can you offer the company. What are some of your goals. Understanding that there are many opportunities for advancement.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your life goals.   1 Answer

Waterpark Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocono Manor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Pocono Manor, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview went well and I was confident because I am very qualified for the position. I have a lot of experience and was looking for a better career, but when they told me the pay I was disgusted. They did not value my experience and drive AT ALL. Much lower than what the entry level starting pay is for other resorts (which is funny considering their prices are some of the highest) They did not respect my minimum required pay either, just wasted my time. Very greedy management and owners!

Interview Questions

• Asked basic questions about my capabilities and past work experiences.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Sandusky, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview, the manager was friendly and it was more of a conversation than an interview. I had to wait about a week to start the job because training starts with a group on a specific day of the week.

Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pocono, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Mount Pocono, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by Human Resources shortly after submitting an email. We talked and got to know each other while I was looking to relocate. Easy to feel the company culture and communication is open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about who you are.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the food costs you have run, how you tracked progress and how that related to goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt like they had a range based on the initial interview. I thought the offer was very fair.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocono Pines, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Pocono Pines, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Employment History questions, job qualifications and personal questions over all friendly. Availability days, times, full or part time. Their expectations for the job and if we would be a great addition

Bell Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn Hills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions (Penn Hills, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was short and to the point, the supervisor was looking for a few key skills, but the most important skill was how well you were able to effectively communicate. Around 3 days after the interview, I was called in to accept the offer and fill out the paperwork to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in customer service?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions.

Interview

It was an easy interview, it was done on skype short approx.30min , just general questions, focus on customer etiquette. I was asked questions about past jobs, and what I liked and disliked about the job.