Kaminario Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaminario (Needham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very thorough, series of phone interviews and then in person meetings with various members of the team and leadership. Was able to get a clear picture of the company vision and direction as well as the culture. The process took longer due to scheduling and travel conflicts but it afforded me the opportunity to make a more educated decision about whether or not to join the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about creating and executing my first marketing program for Kaminario?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very straight forward process. I had had several conversations with the internal recruiter about compensation ranges as well as discussions with the hiring manager about work/life balance so there were no surprises and the negotiation did not take long.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaminario in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with speaking to a Kaminario HR recruiter and then another Kaminario HR recruiter. I then met in person with the hiring manager for a one-on-one interview we had a good conversation I asked him questions that he thought were very very appropriate and got him to thank regarding customer relationships and where Kaminario technology solutions proposition would make a good fit. Hiring manager then told me he would be in touch regarding the next step in the process and had to see some other candidates the balance of the day. if I don't hear from them by the beginning of the week give him a call or shoot them an email..

I then follow up with the 2nd Kaminario HR recruiter that handed me off to the manager by email several times with no response for a few weeks. I am then contacted by a totally different HR recruiter and told the position is on hold. A day or two later I received an email telling me that they are moving on with a different candidate that they believe they hiring manager met earlier in the day. I then reach out to the hiring manager tells me the position is on hold.

A month later, I see they have relisted the position for Kaminario systems engineer on glassdoor??????

it just doesn't seem like Kaminario has got their act together in terms of leadership and direction, not to mention way too many HR recruiters attempting making a feeble attempt to justify their existence. But to be fair to HR, it may not be their fault they may only being directed just to do something by poorly organized upper Kaminario management.

Interview Questions

• What virtualization software have you worked with?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaminario (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of phone interviews, a skype interview and in-person interviews. Each interview had a focus on technology, and some were to determine if there was cultural fit along with my ability to generate more pipeline for the company. While not particularly difficult because I came highly recommended from the sales executive that I was going to work with, the interview process was strenuous and took longer than expected because of people's calendars being extremely busy.

Interview Questions

• The question that stood out the most was a technical question about adaptive block size and how that benefits a flash array.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was probably the most difficult because I ended up taking a lower OTE, but with a 3-month draw along with stock options.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaminario (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had the best experience ever to be interviewed at Kaminario from the very first phone call! The company that doesn't email you first but call (!) and you gotta not ignore this phone call to get the job of your dreams! The company recruiter/HR Specialist were the best - guiding through the whole process giving great tips and advises. It would be incredibly hard to get interviewed at other companies after such a great experience.

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaminario (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Flew to the interview, several phone conversations, decision made in a timely manner. Met with VP of Sales, and VP of Channels. Had a phone interview with the WWVP, additional phone interview with the HR VP and supporting members of the team.

Sales Administration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaminario (Needham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds. A phone screen, and three in person meetings. I met with (in total) the North America HR recruiter, Global Dir. of Sales Ops, VP of Sales, COO, and the VP of Ops. Everyone was incredibly nice and made me feel very welcome. The thing I liked most about the interview process here was that not only do they want to ensure that you are qualified for the role, and that you fit into their culture, but they also want to be sure that *you* also feel that they are a good fit for you and you are excited about the role/company.

Interview Questions

• Explain/discuss 3 Salesforce reports you used regularly in your last role and how they were used in your day to day activities.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaminario (Needham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Compared to some other places that I have interviewed at, the interview process at Kaminario was surprisingly pleasant. I submitted my resume, was contacted a couple of days after, and had a phone interview with a recruiter. After the screening call, I was invited for an on-site visit to meet with my potential managers as well as some other team members. The on-site interview went smoothly (and their new office space is awesome!), and I was also able to learn a ton about Kaminario's products during that time. After the on-site interview, any questions or requests I had were quickly addressed.

The recruiting team was extremely professional throughout the entire process. They were very responsive and kept in touch the whole time but, at the same time, they were not pushy at all. It was easily the most professional recruiting team that I have worked with in my career.

Senior Professional Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaminario (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Technical enough that I felt they were interested in knowing if I was a fit for the position or not but I also felt they had researched me enough to know my level of expertise. I did not receive the feeling that I was “just another candidate”.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to be a part of a growing company where you will be asked to grow into several different rolls?   1 Answer

Level III Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaminario.

Interview

Recruiter called and gave first level interview. After initial screening a call was set up with the current US level 3 person whom I would be working with. Got through that and was set up with the director of support. He asked some weird scenario questions that in my opinion were not real world. Guess he did not like my answers because I never heard back even after pinging them for feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaminario.

Interview

This was a fairly comprehensive interview process, although not as regimented as I had expected. The interview process was kicked off by a couple of phone conversations and then a day off multiple (4-5) meetings with senior execs. Focus was largely on competencies specific to building out the focus areas, questions around relevant experience, broad brainstorming and presenting the candidate's perspectives on challenges past (and future). Overall, while somewhat casual, I thought the interview process was well though out. Plenty opportunity was presented to get a feel for the business, the team and expectations of the position. The most important aspect were the "People" - smart yet not intimidating!

Interview Questions

• What unique ideas/perspective can you bring to this position and the challenge ahead   Answer Question