Kansas City Power & Light Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kansas City Power & Light Company

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas City Power & Light Company (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

There were a series of tests in one session at downtown headquarters: math, document editing, spelling, data entry, and grammar. Then a phone interview. This is after I had already been pre-screened by the staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Excel   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kansas City Power & Light Company (Raytown, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with a couple supervisors, and multiple tests in english, typing, and speaking with customers. It was a little stressful due to how they graded your employment test, but it moved rather quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do I feel I would make a good addition to the company?   1 Answer

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas City Power & Light Company (Kansas City, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

short and to the point - only 1 interview, didn't like anyone, questions were stupid, complicated logistics, not bright people glad I didn't get the job, bombed the testing, all men interviewers, no diversity, focused on salary

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kansas City Power & Light Company (Kansas City, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I had several face-to-face meetings for a series of different jobs. Half-way through one interview someone would say that I was a better fit in someone else's group so we would reschedule another meeting, This happened twice.

I finally got an offer and I accepted since I didn't have any other offers at the time. That was a mistake.

When I showed up for my first day, THE COMPANY FORGOT I WAS HIRED! There was no one ready to show me to a desk, I had no supervisor present, no assignment, nothing. After two hours waiting in HR a VP came by and escorted me to an empty cube.

Over the next ten years at KCP&L, I had co-workers kick me under a table because they thought I was taking too long to talk with the CFO, supervisors giving me chapter assignments from Christian self-help books because of the gayness i suffer from, had Directors sell their wife's pyramid scheme cosmetics to my female direct reports, and I could go on and on.

The fouled up interview process was exactly how fouled up the company is.

Interview Questions

• We can only pay X, if you want more we can't hire you.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas City Power & Light Company (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

phone conference with the 3 person panel. Overall good experience. No one talked over each other and I was allowed to ask questions of each of them. They were clear on their expectations as was I and we had good rapport. The overall experience was positive and I looked forward to working with each of them and their teams.

Interview Questions

• How was I at multiple tasking and taking instruction from more than one person   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none.