Kansas City Southern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kansas City Southern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.8

Train Conductor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Kansas City Southern in August 2017.

Interview

A good explanation
     from them of the job description also ask about a time I was part of a good team and part a time when I was part of a not-so-good team talked about Union ask me several questions very laid-back

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a part of Kansas City Southern are you prepared to travel   1 Answer

Railroad Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern (New Orleans, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview went very well, I told the yard master I was very dependable and reliable. The yard master well ask you about five questions, but it would be anything you never heard before at a job interview. Be prepared to be on 24 hour 7 day a week call for two years straight. He told me I was going to be hired, just waiting on Human Resources to contact me on the job offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview. The interviewer was working from a list of questions. It became obvious in the process of the interview that the interviewer was looking for a very particular skill set and personality profile.If you answer ONE question in a way not on the prepared list, you will not go any further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What notation methodology do you use?   1 Answer

Trainmen Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern (Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Got an email a month or so after applying read up on company and went to some railroad websites to get advice about interviewing showed up dressed in Business casual don't come in wearing street clothes look clean cut well dressed shaved and positive friendly attitude the interview was casual and interviewer was terminal supt.who was a nice guy and gave any information I asked safety is a priority at the railroad so remember that

Interview Questions

• Why Do you want to work For the KCS?What was your last job and why are you looking for a new job
      have you ever been fired ? give a situation where you had to handle a dispute at work.   Answer Question

Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern (Kansas City, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. I was interviewed alone with two mangers at the location were I applied. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Company is really big on hiring prior military young or old. It was average experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of safety background do you have.   2 Answers

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern in June 2012.

Interview

Meet with several senior managers and they ask several questions about railroad experience and what areas that I had worked in. They then asked about my sales experience and dealing with customers.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel that you are qualified for this position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern in August 2010.

Interview

Applied on line under career opprotunities www.KCSR.com and it takes 30 min to create a profile before you can submit your resume. The interview in itself consisted of questions that are situational and how you handled such situations with regard to disagreement with a co worker or boss, what is your strength or weakness, characteristics you think a leader should have?

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kansas City Southern (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in December 2008.

Interview

A telephone interview, and 1.1 interview