Kantar Worldpanel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

3.2

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, large task (60 slides of charts to analyze and develop new presentation from, then present it), math test.

People were super nice but it was very upsetting when something that was moving so quickly and I was TOLD I was the selected candidate, but suddenly I had no updates for a month until the recruiter finally told me the position was on hold. Interviews/tasks took a lot of time and it was upsetting to not have much transparency and be so let down.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unrealistic deadline from client?   Answer Question

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY).

Interview

After speaking with the recruiter on the phone, I spoke to the hiring manager for about half an hour on the phone. Within the day, I was invited in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was guided by a form which the manager filled out based on my responses. Questions were fairly typical: Why Market Research? Why Kantar? Why do I think companies should pay for Kantar's services? etc. After the interview, I was given a math assessment which I was told would take about 30 min. It took me more like 40-45 min, but I suppose I did okay because I was called back for another interview. This time, I had to present some data that the manager sent me. The presentation was on Maxwell House coffee. I presented to the hiring manager and her boss. I was not offered the job. I think where I failed was in my "storyline". I should have been more concise with which data I presented and the overall story. I sort of included too many elements.

Interview Questions

• I hate to say that what took me off guard was the manager's desire to know my own "personal" accomplishments that I am proud of. I had read so many articles about avoiding referring to your personal life vs. academic and work achievements that I sort of froze.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews total. Phone interview with HR person first, the phone interview was easy and straightforward. I was asked why do you want to work here and why this position. The second round was face to face interview with few behavior questions and a math test. The third round was doing a presentation based on the data and deck Kantar Worldpanel provided a week earlier. Total 10 mins, excluding questions time.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the due day is tomorrow that you need to turn in the report to client but you just received the data today?   1 Answer

I got another opportunity.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Interview

The industry is interesting although it very time consuming since they expect you to do overtime most of the time. The interview process was long and they just don't respect the time of the candidates when it comes to giving feedback.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2017.

Interview

Not to informal environment. The interviewer will ask you to talk about you academic and professional path, doing specific questions like ''why did you choose that degree?''. Had to take an english test (not my mother tongue).

Interview Questions

• What do you think it will be your position here?   1 Answer

Commercial Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel in May 2017.

Interview

Completed an application from which required to submit your CV and covering letter. Then I was invited to complete an online test which was an easy numerical reasoning. I went through the next stage which was phone interview which lasts for about 20 minutes asking about the company and why did you apply and some competency question.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this graduate scheme?
      What other companies have you applied to ?   Answer Question

I am still waiting for the outcome.

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the role after seeing an advert on LinkedIn in December. A couple of weeks later I was asked to complete a numerical psychometric test to which I had to be in the 40th percentile to pass. At the beginning of January I received an email about a phone interview which took place at the end of Jan. This consisted of 4/5 scenario based questions testing your situational judgement skills lasting about 20 mins (such as what you would do if there was a project that got moved forward but the manager wasn't available to contact and you needed their help etc.). I was told it would take a week at the latest for them to contact me regarding whether I would go through to the final stage which was assessment day (which I did), although they took slightly more than a week to get back to me. Once they did contact me, they said they would contact me again nearer to the assessment in a couple of weeks to give me more information. However, they were late again at giving me the information and only did so after I sent 2 emails to HR. At the assessment day (which was from 1.30pm-5.30pm) there was nothing to prepare and about 30 candidates in total. To my surprise, there was a mix of graduates and undergraduates (of which I was one) and so felt a definite disadvantage from the start. We were given an overview of the company and a talk by the MD before going into the interviews which were an hour long and rather unpleasant. We then completed a group task which was fun about the grocery market and involved presenting to 2 people from Kantar. I received an offer a week later but declined as a better opportunity came through.

Interview Questions

• If you were the MD of the company what 3 things would you do?
      What is the most expensive item you have bought in the last month and why?   Answer Question

I received a better offer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

Usual type of questions with HR person and an English test to test your basic knowledge of the language, then questions about teamwork and dealing with issues at work in a daily basis with the Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• What qualities would you dislike in your boss or colleagues?
      What subject did you like best out of your college degree?   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

Interview

Had a phone interview, mainly on competency and some scenario questions. Then went to the assessment centre, where we had to do a presentation, with some data that was given to us beforehand. The presentation was on the hot beverages market, and we had to cover several key objectives, such as analysing market and retailer performance. Other than the presentation, there was also a supermarket basket task (group exercise) and a SHL fast track test.

Interview Questions

• What other companies have you applied to   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 Telephone Interview and Numerical Test followed by Assessment Day (Group activity, Numerical Test, pre-prepared Presentation and 2 on 1 Interview in the afternoon if successful in the morning)

Interview Questions

• If you were the Managing Director, what 3 things would you do?   Answer Question