Kantar Worldpanel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

3.2

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, large task (60 slides of charts to analyze and develop new presentation from, then present it), math test.

People were super nice but it was very upsetting when something that was moving so quickly and I was TOLD I was the selected candidate, but suddenly I had no updates for a month until the recruiter finally told me the position was on hold. Interviews/tasks took a lot of time and it was upsetting to not have much transparency and be so let down.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unrealistic deadline from client?   Answer Question

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY).

Interview

After speaking with the recruiter on the phone, I spoke to the hiring manager for about half an hour on the phone. Within the day, I was invited in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was guided by a form which the manager filled out based on my responses. Questions were fairly typical: Why Market Research? Why Kantar? Why do I think companies should pay for Kantar's services? etc. After the interview, I was given a math assessment which I was told would take about 30 min. It took me more like 40-45 min, but I suppose I did okay because I was called back for another interview. This time, I had to present some data that the manager sent me. The presentation was on Maxwell House coffee. I presented to the hiring manager and her boss. I was not offered the job. I think where I failed was in my "storyline". I should have been more concise with which data I presented and the overall story. I sort of included too many elements.

Interview Questions

• I hate to say that what took me off guard was the manager's desire to know my own "personal" accomplishments that I am proud of. I had read so many articles about avoiding referring to your personal life vs. academic and work achievements that I sort of froze.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews total. Phone interview with HR person first, the phone interview was easy and straightforward. I was asked why do you want to work here and why this position. The second round was face to face interview with few behavior questions and a math test. The third round was doing a presentation based on the data and deck Kantar Worldpanel provided a week earlier. Total 10 mins, excluding questions time.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the due day is tomorrow that you need to turn in the report to client but you just received the data today?   1 Answer

I got another opportunity.

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

First, there was an online assessment, then we had an interview on the phone and the last step was the AC, that consisted of two parts. Presentation (2:1) and a group task in the morning and if you passed these, you were invited to an interview with two employees, otherwise you were sent home.

Interview Questions

• What are the threats that Kellogg's is facing at the moment?
      Describe Sainsbury's, Waitrose or Asda as a retailer / describe their consumers   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme - Category Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

1. Application
    2. Assessments
    3. Phone interview
    4. Assessment Day

I had a fantastic experience with Kantars recruitment process, even better than ones I had with their competitors. So it starts with an application and if you pass the initial screening you’re invited to take some tests which were the same really as any other companies tests, verbal and numerical. Next was the phone interview which lasted roughly 30 min. The interviewer was great and nice to talk to. Why Kantar Worldpanel, what is a panel, what does Kantar Worldpanel do, why market research, what would you do if a client wanted to move up a deadline, what’s your favourite brand and why, what are some current trends in the market. Do research on Kantar Worlpanel specifically, take a look at their website, watch some of their industry videos, learn who some of their clients are. About a week later I was invited to the assessment centre which took place at Emirates Stadium from 8am-5pm and there were 100 people there. It started with a presentation by Kantar WP where they discussed the programme and what its like to work there. Before the assesmenent we were given a presentation brief on the cereal market which we were asked to give a presentation on at the assessment centre although the presentation itself was due two weeks before the actual assessment day. My advice is to spend lots and lots of time on this, dont include anything on your slides you wouldnt be able to be asked questions about and really use their data to support your recommendations. After the presentation we had about 25 min of questions regarding the presentation. Next, was a shopping basket excercise which is all about showing your team work skills. After lunch they asked roughly half of us to leave if they did not make it to the afternoon. Lastly we had 1 to 1 interviews which lasted an hour and really asked STAR like questions. Overall, was a fantastic day. It was challenging and nerve racking but Kantar WP did a great job of organising the day and making everyone feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why Kantar Worldpanel, what is a panel, what does Kantar Worldpanel do, why market research, what would you do if a client wanted to move up a deadline, what’s your favourite brand and why, what are some current trends in the market   1 Answer

Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online on their website. Their recruitment team contacted me to ask me to take a test which wasn't extremely challenging. Then I received an email informing me that I have been successful and that the next step was a phone interview. It lasted around 30 minutes during which the interviewer asked me about my motivation, my knowledge of the FMCG market and what was Kantar business. A few situational questions as well. The same day, I received an email informing me that I was successful and that I was invited to an assessment day (upcoming)

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

Interview

I sent my CV at the beginning of November. They contacted me 2 weeks later saying they would like me to complete a math and logic test. Three weeks later they contacted me again to schedule a phone interview.
    I was surprised for the kind of interview, I had info ready about the company and some stuff about me.
    The interview started with "Why do you want to work for us" but then went into "What is a FMCG company you like and why" to then go very into the specific of the company I named asking about competitors and market analysis.

The questions were not impossible, however the guy that interviewed me kept asking me "what else" and I felt like I wasn't giving the right answer and I wasn't entirely sure what answers he wanted me to give him. I was very stressed and when I finished the interview I was quite disappointed bc I thought It didn't go well.

Interview Questions

• Looking at the FMCG you named, what is the company doing compared to its competitors?   Answer Question
    • Take one product of the FMCG company you named - I named an ice cream brand - and tell me when sales of this product might growth and when they might decline and why.   Answer Question

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by an assessment day in the London office. One group task to complete which tested our knowledge of consumer shopping habits and the UK grocery market. Then a face to face interview with 2 interviewers, which was fairly informal and seemed to be more to gauge candidates personalities and interests and potential/ability to learn.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel in November 2017.

Interview

Online assessment, telephone interview and assessment centre. The telephone interview was mainly competency based and situational judgement. Then the assessment centre was both an interactive shopping basket exercise and a 2:1 interview.

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. CV and Cover Letter screening
    2. Math and logic test online
    3. Telephone interview - lasted around 30 minutes, around background, profile and some scenario questions (i.e: what would you do if your client asks you to deliver the project in advance but you realize you won't have time to keep the quality standards high).
    4. Assessment centre - we were roughly 20-25 people, we were divided in groups and they arranged a one hour introduction regarding the company/the scheme - with the Managing Director - and a group shopping basket exercise (very easy, mostly aimed to assess the candidate's behavior in a team). Then it was time for a presentation - we were given the topic a week before the assessment, it was an analysis of the hot beverages market in the UK and lasted around 20-25 mins with Q&As.
    5. Final interview - same day of the assessment centre. Some of us were sent home, others stayed after lunch for this final round interview with 2 managers. Background and motivational questions, some situational ones as well.

Interview Questions

• Why Kantar Worldpanel?
      Why market research?
      What would you do if your client asks you to deliver the project in advance but you realize you won't have time to keep the quality standards high?
      What would you bring to the team? What would your team members say about you?   2 Answers