Kantar Worldpanel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2018

3.2

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, large task (60 slides of charts to analyze and develop new presentation from, then present it), math test.

People were super nice but it was very upsetting when something that was moving so quickly and I was TOLD I was the selected candidate, but suddenly I had no updates for a month until the recruiter finally told me the position was on hold. Interviews/tasks took a lot of time and it was upsetting to not have much transparency and be so let down.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unrealistic deadline from client?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews total. Phone interview with HR person first, the phone interview was easy and straightforward. I was asked why do you want to work here and why this position. The second round was face to face interview with few behavior questions and a math test. The third round was doing a presentation based on the data and deck Kantar Worldpanel provided a week earlier. Total 10 mins, excluding questions time.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the due day is tomorrow that you need to turn in the report to client but you just received the data today?   1 Answer

I got another opportunity.

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY).

Interview

After speaking with the recruiter on the phone, I spoke to the hiring manager for about half an hour on the phone. Within the day, I was invited in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was guided by a form which the manager filled out based on my responses. Questions were fairly typical: Why Market Research? Why Kantar? Why do I think companies should pay for Kantar's services? etc. After the interview, I was given a math assessment which I was told would take about 30 min. It took me more like 40-45 min, but I suppose I did okay because I was called back for another interview. This time, I had to present some data that the manager sent me. The presentation was on Maxwell House coffee. I presented to the hiring manager and her boss. I was not offered the job. I think where I failed was in my "storyline". I should have been more concise with which data I presented and the overall story. I sort of included too many elements.

Interview Questions

• I hate to say that what took me off guard was the manager's desire to know my own "personal" accomplishments that I am proud of. I had read so many articles about avoiding referring to your personal life vs. academic and work achievements that I sort of froze.   Answer Question

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by an assessment day in the London office. One group task to complete which tested our knowledge of consumer shopping habits and the UK grocery market. Then a face to face interview with 2 interviewers, which was fairly informal and seemed to be more to gauge candidates personalities and interests and potential/ability to learn.

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the role after seeing an advert on LinkedIn in December. A couple of weeks later I was asked to complete a numerical psychometric test to which I had to be in the 40th percentile to pass. At the beginning of January I received an email about a phone interview which took place at the end of Jan. This consisted of 4/5 scenario based questions testing your situational judgement skills lasting about 20 mins (such as what you would do if there was a project that got moved forward but the manager wasn't available to contact and you needed their help etc.). I was told it would take a week at the latest for them to contact me regarding whether I would go through to the final stage which was assessment day (which I did), although they took slightly more than a week to get back to me. Once they did contact me, they said they would contact me again nearer to the assessment in a couple of weeks to give me more information. However, they were late again at giving me the information and only did so after I sent 2 emails to HR. At the assessment day (which was from 1.30pm-5.30pm) there was nothing to prepare and about 30 candidates in total. To my surprise, there was a mix of graduates and undergraduates (of which I was one) and so felt a definite disadvantage from the start. We were given an overview of the company and a talk by the MD before going into the interviews which were an hour long and rather unpleasant. We then completed a group task which was fun about the grocery market and involved presenting to 2 people from Kantar. I received an offer a week later but declined as a better opportunity came through.

Interview Questions

• If you were the MD of the company what 3 things would you do?
      What is the most expensive item you have bought in the last month and why?   Answer Question

I received a better offer

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (Epsom, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Took about 2 months before recruitment consultant came back with an interview date and time. Very structured questionning for a first stage interview. Did not find them to be problem solvers or creative thinkers given that these were required for the role. This did not give a good impression although that could just be the people who interviwed me. It felt as if they were ticking and crossing things off a list and that is what would determine what happens next. Interview was rushed. Havibg said that, it's a good company. Both sides would have got more out of the process if it wasn't so black and white. They did nothing to make you feel welcome. It was almost like you were in the way at 10am in the morning.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of Insight that you have been able to feedback to the client.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation that you found difficult to manage and explain what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

One telephone interview with 3 people in the team, followed by a face-to-face interview with 4 people in the team. Face-to-face was relatively relaxed and split into two parts, the first was your usual behavioral questions, the second was a technical activity with Excel to observe your problem-solving process which they talk you through. Knowing a bit of Excel formulas and functions help, but not necessary.

Interview Questions

• If you were given two tasks that have similar deadlines and could only do one, how would you prioritize?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barueri (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (Barueri (Brazil)) in January 2015.

Interview

The HR interviewer was great, but the manager just didn't show up in the meeting and when i finally met her she just didn't pay attention. The proposal was good, but you have to be sure that your manager is going to be a good one. Usually they call you to talk with the HR first, and they ask you about your experiences, profile, why do you want to work there (common things). If you pass, than you will present a case to the manager and the HR.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (Bangkok (Thailand)).

Interview

Divided into 3 parts
    - Paper test
    - Focus Group: How one dealing with problems and team work
    - Real study case presentation

Interview Questions

• Case study presentation by KWP deck: have to understand the market through the deck, I had to explain and answered all the questions hidden into that charts.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2013.

Interview

1st behavioural interview (not hard, basic CV based questions), 2nd a math and statistics test (some are tricky, be careful), 3rd preparing a case presentation (30 mins preparation, 10 mins delivery).

Interview Questions

• What will do if your idea conflicts with your line manager?   Answer Question