Kantar Worldpanel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2018

3.2

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, large task (60 slides of charts to analyze and develop new presentation from, then present it), math test.

People were super nice but it was very upsetting when something that was moving so quickly and I was TOLD I was the selected candidate, but suddenly I had no updates for a month until the recruiter finally told me the position was on hold. Interviews/tasks took a lot of time and it was upsetting to not have much transparency and be so let down.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unrealistic deadline from client?   Answer Question

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY).

Interview

After speaking with the recruiter on the phone, I spoke to the hiring manager for about half an hour on the phone. Within the day, I was invited in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was guided by a form which the manager filled out based on my responses. Questions were fairly typical: Why Market Research? Why Kantar? Why do I think companies should pay for Kantar's services? etc. After the interview, I was given a math assessment which I was told would take about 30 min. It took me more like 40-45 min, but I suppose I did okay because I was called back for another interview. This time, I had to present some data that the manager sent me. The presentation was on Maxwell House coffee. I presented to the hiring manager and her boss. I was not offered the job. I think where I failed was in my "storyline". I should have been more concise with which data I presented and the overall story. I sort of included too many elements.

Interview Questions

• I hate to say that what took me off guard was the manager's desire to know my own "personal" accomplishments that I am proud of. I had read so many articles about avoiding referring to your personal life vs. academic and work achievements that I sort of froze.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews total. Phone interview with HR person first, the phone interview was easy and straightforward. I was asked why do you want to work here and why this position. The second round was face to face interview with few behavior questions and a math test. The third round was doing a presentation based on the data and deck Kantar Worldpanel provided a week earlier. Total 10 mins, excluding questions time.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the due day is tomorrow that you need to turn in the report to client but you just received the data today?   1 Answer

I got another opportunity.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview. 10 minutes before the call was supposed to take place I received an email to reschedule the call as the HR executive was running late. I asked her when we could reschedule the call for and got no reply. I followed up again in the coming week and did not receive a response. This was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to thoroughly research the company and its activities before the call and then they stood me up.   Answer Question

Graduate Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

You apply online, and are told to do an online reasoning test. It took them a month to get back to me as apparently there were a lot of applications to go through.
    Telephone interview was offered, and was a pleasant interview. It involved picking out interesting parts of my CV and talking about them. Some basic questions such as describing a difficult situation and how to overcome it. They also asked about a brand I admired and why, what are their main threats and provide solutions for these threats.
    They got back to me an hour later to say I was invited to the Assessment centre.
    Three weeks before the assessment centre they sent a presentation with lots of data on it that we had to use and interpret to give a 20 minute presentation on the day of the assessment centre.
    The Assessment centre was held at Emirates Stadium which was fairly cool. There were loads of people there (I think roughly 120 people) so at first it was fairly overwhelming, but the rest of the day was fairly enjoyable and pleasant.
    The main tasks in the morning were giving the presentation and another team based task which were both assessed. There was also opportunities throughout the day to talk to employees that had gone through the graduate scheme to give their opinions.
    If you were successful in the morning you were invited to stay for a final interview. these questions were mainly competency based.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online, then I received an online test invitation. Pretty standard ones. Average Difficulty. If you are not confident enough, you could find lots of similar exercises online, like SHL-CEB.

Then, I got the invitation for the Phone Interview. It was meant to last for 20 minutes. But mine took 40 minutes. But it was a quite relaxing talk. Questions are: Why this industry? Why this company? What do you know about the company? What do you know about retail? (If you mentioned some retailers, the interviewer will have some follow up questions, such as why do you think they are successful) What is your favourite brand and why? What do you think you will be doing for the first 60 days of your job? What would you do if your deadline has been moved forward by your client? Then at the end, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the company/job role.

My tips for the phone interview is "DO LOTS OF RESEARCH". Research the company, look through the company website and make sure you understand the business. There are lots of newsletters and insight reports which I think is helpful. Also, if you are not from a retail background, do lots of research on different retailers, such as current trends, market positions, competitors and strategies of different supermarkets, etc. This will show the interviewer that you are passionate and interested in the job. It's fine if you don't know all the answers. The interviewer will lead the discussion and inspire you.

If you pass the phone interview, they will invite you to the assessment center and ask you to prepare a PowerPoint slides for the presentation for the assessment day. The company will give you the topic and requirements. (This year, it's to deliver a 20-minute presentation about the cereal market.) The slides should look as professional as possible. Carefully select the data that you think will support your recommendations. It's better to analyse the data in depth rather than briefly mention everything.

On the assessment day, there are more than 100 candidates there. In the morning you will give a 2:1 presentation, do a group exercise and have a relaxed talk with current employees to know the company/job better. Then lunch break--you could talk to current employees. After lunch, there are probably 30-40 people to be asked to leave. The other 60-70 people stay for the 2:1 interview.

Presentation: Nice people, "chatted" through the presentation. When they have questions about the slide you are presenting, they might raise the question straight away. Someone might think it's 'interruptive', but I find it's relaxing, inspiring and encouraging. But obviously, you need to know what you are talking about. If you want to be comprehensive, you could dig deeper---after presenting the data and explain the phenomenon, explain why you think it is as it is, quote some related findings/figures from the Kantar website/reports.

Group exercise: a group of 5-6 people do a shopping basket exercise. To master it, again you need to know about the main retailers. Big 4, Waitrose, discounters, etc. Fairly easy exercise. I guess the main thing is to listen to each other and contribute to the team. Don't see other group members as competitors.

Interview: Lasted about 50 minutes. Very friendly and interactive. Competency questions, situational questions and also to get a vibe of your personality. There is a form they need to fill which are standard questions, but the interview could 'go off the road' if they find something interesting about you and want to know more. I think that's a good sign.
    Some of the questions are:
    Tell me a time when you work in a team/communicate with someone/negotiate with someone/achieve your sales target.
    How would you build trust with clients?
    If you are going to have a meeting with a client and you know nothing about it, and you are only allowed to ask 3 questions, what would you ask?
    Why do you want to work for Kantar?

Really nice and helpful people there. The interviewers would always try to calm you and guild you rather than scare you. So as long as you know your stuff and showed you are a good team fit, you will have a pretty good shot.

I received the offer through a phone call the day after the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Why this industry? Why this company? What do you know about the company? What do you know about retail? (If you mentioned some retailers, the interviewer will have some follow up questions, such as why do you think they are successful) What is your favourite brand and why? What do you think you will be doing for the first 60 days of your job? What would you do if your deadline has been moved forward by your client?   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

First, there was an online assessment, then we had an interview on the phone and the last step was the AC, that consisted of two parts. Presentation (2:1) and a group task in the morning and if you passed these, you were invited to an interview with two employees, otherwise you were sent home.

Interview Questions

• What are the threats that Kellogg's is facing at the moment?
      Describe Sainsbury's, Waitrose or Asda as a retailer / describe their consumers   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme - Category Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

1. Application
    2. Assessments
    3. Phone interview
    4. Assessment Day

I had a fantastic experience with Kantars recruitment process, even better than ones I had with their competitors. So it starts with an application and if you pass the initial screening you’re invited to take some tests which were the same really as any other companies tests, verbal and numerical. Next was the phone interview which lasted roughly 30 min. The interviewer was great and nice to talk to. Why Kantar Worldpanel, what is a panel, what does Kantar Worldpanel do, why market research, what would you do if a client wanted to move up a deadline, what’s your favourite brand and why, what are some current trends in the market. Do research on Kantar Worlpanel specifically, take a look at their website, watch some of their industry videos, learn who some of their clients are. About a week later I was invited to the assessment centre which took place at Emirates Stadium from 8am-5pm and there were 100 people there. It started with a presentation by Kantar WP where they discussed the programme and what its like to work there. Before the assesmenent we were given a presentation brief on the cereal market which we were asked to give a presentation on at the assessment centre although the presentation itself was due two weeks before the actual assessment day. My advice is to spend lots and lots of time on this, dont include anything on your slides you wouldnt be able to be asked questions about and really use their data to support your recommendations. After the presentation we had about 25 min of questions regarding the presentation. Next, was a shopping basket excercise which is all about showing your team work skills. After lunch they asked roughly half of us to leave if they did not make it to the afternoon. Lastly we had 1 to 1 interviews which lasted an hour and really asked STAR like questions. Overall, was a fantastic day. It was challenging and nerve racking but Kantar WP did a great job of organising the day and making everyone feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why Kantar Worldpanel, what is a panel, what does Kantar Worldpanel do, why market research, what would you do if a client wanted to move up a deadline, what’s your favourite brand and why, what are some current trends in the market   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online on their website. Their recruitment team contacted me to ask me to take a test which wasn't extremely challenging. Then I received an email informing me that I have been successful and that the next step was a phone interview. It lasted around 30 minutes during which the interviewer asked me about my motivation, my knowledge of the FMCG market and what was Kantar business. A few situational questions as well. The same day, I received an email informing me that I was successful and that I was invited to an assessment day (upcoming)

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kantar Worldpanel.

Interview

I sent my CV at the beginning of November. They contacted me 2 weeks later saying they would like me to complete a math and logic test. Three weeks later they contacted me again to schedule a phone interview.
    I was surprised for the kind of interview, I had info ready about the company and some stuff about me.
    The interview started with "Why do you want to work for us" but then went into "What is a FMCG company you like and why" to then go very into the specific of the company I named asking about competitors and market analysis.

The questions were not impossible, however the guy that interviewed me kept asking me "what else" and I felt like I wasn't giving the right answer and I wasn't entirely sure what answers he wanted me to give him. I was very stressed and when I finished the interview I was quite disappointed bc I thought It didn't go well.

Interview Questions

• Looking at the FMCG you named, what is the company doing compared to its competitors?   Answer Question
    • Take one product of the FMCG company you named - I named an ice cream brand - and tell me when sales of this product might growth and when they might decline and why.   Answer Question