KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaplan Admissions Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 519 interviews

Applied online40%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Kaplan

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaplan in Jun 2022

Interview

A very disrespectful interview process overall. Was referred by a current employee. Kaplan does a strange thing where the first interview is a group info session, during which there are very few opportunities to get any real info about the position (which is literally a telemarketing job). It's mostly an opportunity for the lower level managers to boast about the so-called "leaders" of the company and what saints they are (based on other current Kaplan reviews, however, they are certainly not). After the info session they said for everyone to indicate who was still interested in the position, and someone would follow up with every interested candidate. No one made any attempt to contact me, and left me on read for weeks. I had to email my recruiting contact TWICE to get any response. I was finally given a formal interview, VERY RELUCTANTLY. Interviewer was extremely cold and made it very clear that she did not want to be speaking to me, despite the fact that I was definitely qualified for the position (maybe she was having a bad day, idk). I finally received my official rejection email today and can honestly say I feel relieved. I think I dodged a massive bullet here. I understand that the lower level managers and recruiters are probably horrendously overworked and have very little support for the amount of people that they are meant to manage, so I can't necessarily fault them for this. But I would urge the "leaders" (cult vibes) and upper management to re-evaluate how they run interviews and perhaps place more of an emphasis on actual communication and transparency. Really shady.

Interview Questions
  • TBH I wasn't asked that many questions, interviewer clearly wanted to get off the phone with me. But the questions were extremely easy e.g.: name a scenario in which you overcame an obstacle to help someone...
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

2 steps. One a test on sending emails and then a mock sales demo with a Director. It was very little about the job and very much about my ability to sell.

Interview Questions
  • Pretend I'm a potential student, how do you convince me I need to enroll? Even if I say I can't afford it or don't have a computer?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Kaplan