Cover image for Kaplan

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaplan Admissions Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 519 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan in Jan 2020

Interview

Phone- generic questions about your experience in your current field and how you feel like it pertains to The position they are interviewing for. Then they tell you about the position. They talk more than you.

Interview Questions
  • How does your experience pertain
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Kaplan (Fort Worth, TX) in Jun 2015

Interview

Five interviews on two different campuses, a group interview, a phone interview, surveys, drug screening, background check, and walk through. The process took over 2 months to complete before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you would enjoy this position?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Kaplan

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Bakersfield, CA) in Jan 2015

Interview

One interview over the phone and one in person interview. Very basic and simple. These folks are looking for someone who will make a lot of calls easy and is a sales person. Think sales interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Modesto, CA) in Oct 2014

Interview

3 interviews in total. The first is a group interview with all candidates. They ask each one to introduce themselves and a question, then basically explain the college and the roles of the position. 2nd interview is one on one with hiring personnel. 3rd is with his/her superior. The job title is misleading. You are basically a recruiter for the school, with quotas, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you faced a very difficult situation, and how you were able to resolve it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (Dayton, OH) in Aug 2014

Interview

Started off with a group interview. There were 2 separate group interviews of at least 30 people total, gunning for 2 spots. The director gave his spiel about the position, then gave you a chance to leave if you didn't feel that the position was for you. After this little break, each person was asked to introduce him/herself and indicate why (s)he was the best candidate. That was it. I got a call 3 hours later asking for a second-round interview. I also had to do an online personality assessment. I went in for about 30 minutes and met with the director, who didn't really ask me many questions. We just talked and it was really laid-back and I thought I nailed it. He said I would hear from him the next day about the 3rd round interviews. It's over a week later and I haven't heard. I called twice and e-mailed once and never got a response. Very unprofessional, in my opinion, which is a bummer because I really liked the position, property, staff, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Expect to talk about yourself. He didn't ask a lot about why you would be good for the job, so you need to make those connections yourself and put them out there.

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in Aug 2011

Interview

Received a phone call for an interview. Was not told that it would be a group interview. There were 10 people in the group interview for the two positions they were hiring for. Hiring Manager gave a small presentation on what Kaplan was about, then told us about the hiring process. If we passed the group interview, we would be notified within 48 hours to come back for round two.

Interview Questions
  • In front of the group, why are you the best person for the position? What motivates you?

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2010

Interview

The interview process was very long. I met with the director of admissions three or four times. I also met with the campus direct and four other admissions reps. Meeting with the other reps was really helpful in terms of knowing if I would like the job.

Interview Questions
  • I always think sales role playing questions are hard because theyre awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan (Thornton, CO) in Mar 2010

Interview

I very recently had an interview for an Admissions Representative position at Kaplan College in Thornton, CO. It was an extremely fast process after applying last week and getting a call the next day to come in for an interview. I was told ahead of time it would be a group interview and they said that is how they always do interviews for reps. When I arrived at the interview there were about 14 other applicants in the age range mostly of 20's to 30's. It was not a typical interview that I have ever experienced before. It was presented by 3 people from the company in a powerpoint presentation style and lasted 2 hours. They talked about the mission of the company, the history, the job duties, what they expect, salary/bonus information, etc. It was not really an interview and more of an information session about the company. They did not give any of us an opportunity to ask questions and did not ask us questions either. The ONLY interaction between the interviewers and interviewees was at the very end. They collected our resumes and had everyone stand up one by one to talk in front of the group. They said to talk for a couple minutes about ourselves, why we should be hired, and something to remember us by. Everyone did this and the interview was over. I do not feel they truly could get a clear picture of who we were and why we would be a good fit for their company from this. Honestly it was a waste of 2 hours of my time. For potential candidates, my advice is they seem to want people who are very assertive, will do anything to reach their quotas, and be a sales person first and foremost. It wasn't what I thought it would be. Yes the position should be about sales by enrolling students, but it seems to be more of a numbers game then about promoting education. The job pays very well for entry level in the $40,000 range to start, so if it is worth it to you then do anything you can to get noticed. My perception of the work culture as I said was very sales oriented, but something seemed off. I feel like there has to be a catch or they were doing the interview to go through the motions and might have already had the jobs lined up. The reason I say this is because I received a "thanks but no thanks" email 20 MINUTES after I left stating they were pursuing other candidates. They didn't even pretend to be consider me by such a fast rejection, and I am sure many others got the same email when I did. I guess I should be glad to know either way, but I almost would have preferred not getting a response after what they did. If that is how they treat potential employees, I don't even want to think about how they treat you once you join their company. Good luck to anyone else who has an interview with Kaplan and hopefully you won't have an interaction like mine.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself
  • Why should we hire you? Leave us with something to remember you by.

Kaplan

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan in Sep 2009

Interview

The initial process was easy, as I was an employee referral. I would definitely recommend being referred by an employee. Initial phone interview/screening. There was a appointment set up for an interview. Their were multiple interviews in one day with various people. There was a brief computer skills assessment. There was also a presentation of sales skills.

Interview Questions
  • Please tells us a time when you had a difficult situation with a customer and how you resolved it?
RSS Feed