Kaplan Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan Instructor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a series of three interviews and an immediate offer at the end of it.
1. "Audition" interview - recording yourself teaching a few GMAT questions
2. Skype interview - with a regional faculty instructor; you have to demonstrate how you'd teach a class + usual HR questions
3. Skype interview #2 - with a regional faculty manager; several HR questions

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a student who's frustrated with his/her progress in your class?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. Applied online. Went to interview. Asked to come in for a second interview. Simple and straight forward. Applied online. Went to interview. Asked to come in for a second interview. Simple and straight forward. Applied online. Went to interview. Asked to come in for a second interview.Simple and straight forward. Applied online. Went to interview. Asked to come in for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy they ask very easy questions as they need to hire. They focus on how many students you can teach in one class and how will you handle this issue

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

You will be doing a 10 min teach back which can be on absolutely anything . Do not include personal info into your teach back . This will be in front of 6-7 head honchos you must be able pull into by interest in your topic. You should Bring props and make a PowerPoint if you can . Have ques ready for them as an instructor would . Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How would you engage one student who was not interacting with the rest of class. Without being personal with them how would you help them help themsrlves   1 Answer

Negotiation

If my background check and listed employers came back pos salary would be based on experience

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Phila, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

This was ok due to the older administration, once it changed, the place became a dump!!

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process involved doing a "mock teach" where I was expected to teach on a subject of my choosing for 20 minutes. The "students" were other employees who were available to sit in on the process. They were courteous and attentive. Because of the amount of prior experience that I had, the interview process was not very extensive.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student asked you how to do something that was not ethical?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what I expected for salary, and was told that there were specific pay rates depending on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (Reno, NV) in October 2008.

Interview

I interviewed for MCAT specialist. Kaplan appears to be always interested in hiring this difficult-to-fill position. Had to take the MCAT pre-test and have good scores, present a short, non-academic lecture, but was welcomed and treated well.

This job is part-time, irregular hours. It is suitable for a high school science teacher, a grad student, or a bright, scientifically-minded stay-home-Mom (as I was.)

One thing to watch for is that you spend 1-2 hours prepping for each hour you work, and the prep hours are paid at $7/hour. It lowers the overall dollars per hour rate that you are earning, but if you're a teacher, you're already used to doing much of that same prep work for free, so $7/hour is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• Having to prepare a 3-5 minute non-academic presentation was a bit of work. They really want it to be non-academic.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, one on one with director, then director of education, then, after about 28 days, interviewed with the campus president.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about Kaplan.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate, low balled me, but asked for a raise later and got a substantial one.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interview consists of one teaching presentation and interview with academic manager. If you look confident in front of the audience, and are qualified to teach the exams through your own test scores, you have the job.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaplan in July 2009.

Interview

One interview, not bonuses discussed people were friendly in the office and work culture was good.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed   1 Answer

Negotiation

EASY